Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owen County's Staff

Featured Replies

Has anybody heard of who the the new coach is going to hire for a coaching staff?

Thought I read in a previous thread that he is bringing a couple in from Shelby.

What about the assistants that helped out with spring ball and all else that took place while there was no head coach? Are they being considered for a spot on staff or not?

Coach Fowler will be on the show on 5/24. We'll talk to him about his staff too.

What show are you talking about? How do you hear it?

I do a high school sports talk show on ClassX Radio in Northern Kentucky. The signal may not reach Owen County all the way, but you can listen online at http://www.nokysportsreport.com. We also re-broadcast our live show on the same site after the show is over. He will be on in the 9:00am hour on Saturday 5/24.

Surely he will talk with those assistants. I think Bryan Young and Matt Blackburn are the only reason a few of those boys kept going last year and didn't quit. Those guys have a big heart for those kids and I think the new coach should at least talk to them. It is gonna take some work on getting the program back up. I heard that some of the kids that will be seniors are considering not playing this year.

Unless something has changed no one will be coming with him from Shelby. Not sure what the total amount of staff Owen has but there are 2 spots to be filled on the staff

Unless something has changed no one will be coming with him from Shelby. Not sure what the total amount of staff Owen has but there are 2 spots to be filled on the staff

Not so fast my friend. While you are right when you say not right now but I think it may change. :sssh:

Will Owen County be in any of the passing leagues this summer?

Will Owen County be in any of the passing leagues this summer?

 

Can someone explain to me what a passing league is and when does it take place?

Can someone explain to me what a passing league is and when does it take place?

Passing leagues are 7 on 7 football games without contact and with out the offensive guards and tackles. Passing practice.

 

They can not take place before school is out, so they mostly start when school is out, and wind up at the dead period.

Surely he will talk with those assistants. I think Bryan Young and Matt Blackburn are the only reason a few of those boys kept going last year and didn't quit. Those guys have a big heart for those kids and I think the new coach should at least talk to them. It is gonna take some work on getting the program back up. I heard that some of the kids that will be seniors are considering not playing this year.
He SHOULD keep those two.

I agree. It never hurts to have someone on your staff that has connections in the county. Bryan from what I know of him has a big heart for those kids. Not many counties can say they have a volunteer that does what he does. Don't know Matt that well, but the kids seem to like him as well.

Surely he will talk with those assistants. I think Bryan Young and Matt Blackburn are the only reason a few of those boys kept going last year and didn't quit. Those guys have a big heart for those kids and I think the new coach should at least talk to them. It is gonna take some work on getting the program back up. I heard that some of the kids that will be seniors are considering not playing this year.

 

What were the roles of these two assistants last year? And other than having a big heart for the kids (which I agree is something to be greatly respected and noticed), why should the new coach hire them back?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.