All A State Tournament

The games start on Saturday at Applebees Park.

Game 1: Owensboro Catholic (13-9) VS Newport Central Catholic (12-11); 10am

Game 2: Walton-Verona (11-12) VS Hazard (15-6) 12:30

Game 3: Paintsville (14-7) VS Murray (17-7) 3:00

Game 4: Lou. Holy Cross (11-7) VS LCA (17-5) 5:30

Semi-Finals on Sunday

Game 1: 12:30

Game 2: 2:30

Championship on Sunday

4:30

I don't completely understand this All A State championship event, Is it considered a true state championship? Do they get state rings? Anyone care to fill me in?

These rings are not given out by the KHSAA, it is up to each individual school.

Why would it not be a 'true" state championship there are what 4 or 5 in football???? Sounds like a better shot at getting a football ring than a baseball ring?

Six in football. Football is classed, so there is a champion for each of the six classes. Baseball is not classed, so their is only one State Champion. The "All A" is way for the smaller schools to compete for a Championship, that would not normally have an opportunity to do so. It is a great accomplishment, but it is not the State Championship.

Why would it not be a 'true" state championship there are what 4 or 5 in football???? Sounds like a better shot at getting a football ring than a baseball ring?

Lexington Christian won the State in 2005 and they are an A school.

Six in football. Football is classed, so there is a champion for each of the six classes. Baseball is not classed, so their is only one State Champion. The "All A" is way for the smaller schools to compete for a Championship, that would not normally have an opportunity to do so. It is a great accomplishment, but it is not the State Championship.

I think all the Class A schools would disagree w/you on this. As stated, LCA won the State a few yrs ago and Beechwood was beat in the finals a couple yrs ago. I would guess if you researched it there have been a few Class A schools win the baseball championship.

Is there a problem w/the Class A schools winning a championship? I am guessing you are a Raceland fan, would you say you were state champions if they won the All A? I would bet you would.

I think all the Class A schools would disagree w/you on this. As stated, LCA won the State a few yrs ago and Beechwood was beat in the finals a couple yrs ago. I would guess if you researched it there have been a few Class A schools win the baseball championship.

Is there a problem w/the Class A schools winning a championship? I am guessing you are a Raceland fan, would you say you were state champions if they won the All A? I would bet you would.

I was just saying a State Champion in baseball/basketball is the best team in the state. Winning the "All A" is a very good accomplishment. And any team that wins it is a very good team and deserving of being looked at as accomplishing something great.

But, I just do not see it as a State Championship per say. Yes I am a Raceland grad and fan, and if Raceland won a "All A" I would be ecstatic, but I still do not see it as a State Championship.

Now, in football, which is classed, there is a State Champion for each class. If the other sports were classed then I could see it.

Just my opinion.

I was just saying a State Champion in baseball/basketball is the best team in the state. Winning the "All A" is a very good accomplishment. And any team that wins it is a very good team and deserving of being looked at as accomplishing something great.

But, I just do not see it as a State Championship per say. Yes I am a Raceland grad and fan, and if Raceland won a "All A" I would be ecstatic, but I still do not see it as a State Championship.

Now, in football, which is classed, there is a State Champion for each class. If the other sports were classed then I could see it.

Just my opinion.

I guess it's all how you want to persieve it. I guess I personaly don't understand why football gets "classed" and we have 5 schools calling themselves State Champs yet all the other sports don't? IMO it's much easier for football when they clinch a playoff berth and won 2 games? I apologize this should be another thread.