Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Is Dicky V In The Hall Of Fame?

Featured Replies

He is going in as a contributor.

 

If anyone really does get how he qualifies, needs to explain to me why not. He has done more to raise the awareness of the game of basketball than any other non-player I can think of.

 

That article reeeeeeeeks of jealousy.

 

:thumb:

Dickie V. is definitely a PTPer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

I agree oldrambler!

He is the face of college basketball for YEARs.

 

And what a hideous face it is my friend.

I don't much care for him, but he deserves in. He has been the face of College Basketball on ESPN for the last 20+ years. Not to mention his work on raising money for cancer just makes him a good human being. He is biased and a terrible announcer but just not liking him makes me enjoy a game he calls so much more because I can argue with the tv.

I can barely listen to Vitale anymore, but have no trouble whatsoever justifying his induction as a contributor to the game. This columnist seems to have received his orders from above, or he's just a big jerk. Don't know for sure, as I've never heard of him or read anything by him before.

 

I could barely listen to Harry Carey also - but, I knew he was still a hall of famer. Vitale is the same way.:thumb:

ONE of the GREATEST, if not the GREATEST ambassadors of college basketball that there is. He may be winded, but he has an unbelievable passion for the game of basketball!

 

I had the honor of hearing him speak one time at a coaches clinic and it was flat out amazing, he is a tremendously engaging speaker!

 

NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT THIS GUY IS A HALL-of-FAMER!!!!

 

Agreed 100% Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.