P90X Workout

Panther091

I've been thinking about getting it for my wife and me. Can you just order one plan or do you have to get two. I think I'll look forward to the workouts but I don't do well with diets. How hard is it to keep up with the diet part of it?

You could order just one and share it with your wife. I'm sure your meal plans will vary between the two of you but everything is outlined in the nutrution guide. The diet part is easy because it's so detailed. It lays out every meal and snack for each day based on your weight level. Also, if you don't have time for a cooked meal it gives healty fast food options for some of the most popular fast food joints. Or if you don't want to follow a structured/detailed meal there is a portion option where it indicates how much protien, veggies, fruits, etc that you should comsume in one day. This is my third day and the workouts are killing me but I feel like I'm on the right track. I wake up with more energy and feel better already! I would love for someone to join in with me!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you not need the online stuff for both people? How much is it? $120 or so? Is it worth looking on Ebay?

One online kit will do for both people. I purchased the basic package (12-15dvd's, nutrition guide and workout guide) for $148. When buying it they also try to sell you their supplements, pull up bar and resistance bands but like I say, I passed on all of that. I bought 2 resistance bands at Kmart for $20 and they seem to work fine. I didn't bother checking Ebay

^ It's a six-day-a-week workout. I went Monday - Saturday. The off day is Sunday. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were about an hour with a :15 minute ab exercise afterwards. Yoga was on Thursday for me, and that is a 1:30. Saturday is Kenpo X, and is about :50 minutes.....it's a drain, but 1.5 hours out of 24 is well worth the complete change of your life.

^ It's a six-day-a-week workout. I went Monday - Saturday. The off day is Sunday. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday were about an hour with a :15 minute ab exercise afterwards. Yoga was on Thursday for me, and that is a 1:30. Saturday is Kenpo X, and is about :50 minutes.....it's a drain, but 1.5 hours out of 24 is well worth the complete change of your life.

I agree, I'm on day 10 and can already see results in my midsection. Just remember that the diet is just as important as the workouts!

• 4 weeks later...

Panther, are you still doing this? My husband and I started on May 1st and I'm loving/hating it! The pull ups about kill me--I'm a small woman and those are intense! I can only do about 3 without a chair. Hopefully I will get better. We are both committed to the nutrition plan, as well. Neither of us really need to lose any weight, but after 5 children, I would like to get ripped!:D

Panther, are you still doing this? My husband and I started on May 1st and I'm loving/hating it! The pull ups about kill me--I'm a small woman and those are intense! I can only do about 3 without a chair. Hopefully I will get better. We are both committed to the nutrition plan, as well. Neither of us really need to lose any weight, but after 5 children, I would like to get ripped!:D

I am still doing this with 51 days left! I love/hate it also, it's getting hard to stay motivated but I keep pushing play and keep eating right. It's rewarding though when I look in the mirror and see the outline of my 6-pack. Granted I was never an overweight person but just not in shape. What is your least favorite workout?? I HATE the plyometrics with a passion, lol!!

I am still doing this with 51 days left! I love/hate it also, it's getting hard to stay motivated but I keep pushing play and keep eating right. It's rewarding though when I look in the mirror and see the outline of my 6-pack. Granted I was never an overweight person but just not in shape. What is your least favorite workout?? I HATE the plyometrics with a passion, lol!!

I'm totally opposite--I enjoyed both the plyometrics and the kenpo x. I start my second week tomorrow and I am not looking forward to chest and back again! But I did do four complete pull ups several times during legs and shoulders so I was very proud of myself! I can't wait to have a six pack--but I'll believe it when I see it. I'm kind of afraid my abs are just too shot from so many pregnancies. Keep going and stay motivated!

Good luck and don't get discouraged at first. After the very first day I was ready to throw in the towel. I was tired and sore and did not feel like I ever wanted to work out again!

As was I but trust me, you'll actually feel yourself getting stronger as each week goes by. I could only do 12 push-ups my first week before my arms gave out and this past week I maxed out at 31! eating right is where you'll really see the results in the mid-section! My sole motivation right now is a trip to myrtle beach in July!

• 2 months later...

Anybody still doing this? I start week 10 tomorrow and I couldn't be more thrilled with my results. My arms are so cut and my back has great definition. I'm still working on my 6 pack, but after 5 pregnancies, that might be impossible. You could scrub clothes on my husband's abdomen, and I'm totally loving that!:fire: This has been a totally life-changing experience for both of us. I cannot believe the changes that have taken place over 9 weeks, but man, sometimes the commitment is overwhelming. I was always a slim person, but looking back I was kind of a "skinny fat" person. Now I'm ripped! (well, kind of!):lol: One more thing, this week I did 6 wide stance pull-ups without a chair--I never believed I would be able to do that.