Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

West Regional

Featured Replies

^ I really love the bracket except for UCLA, but to get to the Final Four you gotta beat someone. WVU is good, but I really like that they don't have the dominant big man. UConn and UCLA have big men that scare me, and they would be in the regional final, that's real exciting. Now it's time to not under-achieve.

  • Replies 54
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you making the trip to Washington DC?

^ I really love the bracket except for UCLA, but to get to the Final Four you gotta beat someone. WVU is good, but I really like that they don't have the dominant big man. UConn and UCLA have big men that scare me, and they would be in the regional final, that's real exciting. Now it's time to not under-achieve.

 

:confused:Joe Alexander is 6'8'' and averaging about 30 a game in his last handful...

Are you making the trip to Washington DC?

 

It depends on how a couple of things at work unfold....I was there for the 2005 ACC tourney, that was sweet.

^ He means inside presence. Alexander is more of a shooter really. The inside presence that would hurt Duke is a player like Love, Hansbrough, Hibbert, Thabeet, etc.

:confused:Joe Alexander is 6'8'' and averaging about 30 a game in his last handful...

 

He's not the typical big man that gives Duke fits. I would look for David McClure to dog him in that macthup...

He's not the typical big man that gives Duke fits. I would look for David McClure to dog him in that macthup...

 

I have always wondered why that Zubek kid can't stay on the floor against the "typical big man"... Whats his deal? He sure looks to have the size...

^ He did a great job against Hansbrough in the last Carolina game. If he puts that type of effort against every big man from here out, I like their chances.

#14 may be the highest seed ever for an SEC school.

 

I think I heard either it's the highest seed for a school to win a major conf tourny, or even a schhol from a major conf period. I can't remember.

^ He did a great job against Hansbrough in the last Carolina game. If he puts that type of effort against every big man from here out, I like their chances.

 

Whats your take on if Duke were to meet X?

 

 

With a healthy Lavender...

I have always wondered why that Zubek kid can't stay on the floor against the "typical big man"... Whats his deal? He sure looks to have the size...

 

He's been coming into his own here lately... He had a broken foot earlier in the season and is just now getting back and healthy from that. He's been giving some pretty good minutes here lately. Now if the other guys knew how to get him the ball better...but that's a different story.

Whats your take on if Duke were to meet X?

 

 

With a healthy Lavender...

I don't like that game, but Duke does seem to have big game experience on their side. It is kind of scary, if Duke kept good control of the ball, I would venture that they would be fine.

He's been coming into his own here lately... He had a broken foot earlier in the season and is just now getting back and healthy from that. He's been giving some pretty good minutes here lately. Now if the other guys knew how to get him the ball better...but that's a different story.

 

I think they need him more on the defensive end than on the offensive end...

I think they need him more on the defensive end than on the offensive end...

 

He's done pretty well down there in the time he's had... He has rebounded fairly well and somewhat held his own against Hansbrough when they played. Having his big body frame and presence inside is enough to alter a lot of shots as well.

Whats your take on if Duke were to meet X?

 

 

With a healthy Lavender...

 

I know this isn't the best way to compare teams but they have one common opponent and that is Temple.

 

Xavier played @ Temple and lost 78-59.

Duke beat Temple 74-64.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.