Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes # 1 Ninth Region team, can't get news coverage!!!

Featured Replies

I was just reading the paper, happened to go to my favorite section.(Sports) Low and behold, it took me a few minutes to find a very small, 5 paragraph, sub par article on the Bulldogs. Then I thought, last night I am watching WKRC, BLAM!!! Nothing, one of the top teams in the area, cannot get any air time. I am talking all week!!! Highlands front page the other day, Nic Simpson is back. Which is news worthy, it is beat down to the ground. What do these kids have to do to get some attention, I can surely tell you if they were undicipline this year, sure would have been on the front page!!! Bottom line, the Bulldogs - Bar None - the best team in the ninth region this year!!! Period!!! I cannot get it, probably until they win the region, will the Bulldogs get anything from the media! :mad: Any thoughts?

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes will get plenty of copy and air time, starting with the district final. Was the media supposed to get all worked up over Holmes and Beechwood?

  • Author
Holmes will get plenty of copy and air time, starting with the district final. Was the media supposed to get all worked up over Holmes and Beechwood?

 

I guess hair cuts and beating HC is??? :laugh:

Holmes will get plenty of copy and air time, starting with the district final. Was the media supposed to get all worked up over Holmes and Beechwood?

 

:lol: Have to agree there.

Clearly an anti-Holmes conspiracy exists in the local media...

I guess hair cuts and beating HC is??? :laugh:
Wasn't CovCath and Holy Cross expected to be a much closer game? And wasn't it? I suspect that had something to do with it.
I guess hair cuts and beating HC is??? :laugh:

 

Actually I don't believe Westsider is a CCH fan.

I think Holmes gets enough attention. You very rarely see the highlights of a high school game during the week on the news anyways. Friday night is the night most big games are played which is why that's when they have Blitz and the final quarter.

 

The news is all about politics. Whatever sells is what they'll put out. If there is a better game than a 27 point blow out by Holmes, it is going to get more pub.

  • Author
Clearly an anti-Holmes conspiracy exists in the local media...

 

Facts are facts.

  • Author
I think Holmes gets enough attention. You very rarely see the highlights of a high school game during the week on the news. Friday night is the night most big games are played which is why that's when they have Blitz and the final quarter.

 

 

Ken Broo has visited the Feildhouse himself a time or two. :ylsuper:

  • Author

Minimal all year, not just today.

Minimal all year, not just today.

 

How much coverage do you want? I can think of at least 10 Holmes games that were the top NKY sports story this year. Outside of making a reality show covering the season, that's about as good as it gets.

How much coverage do you want? I can think of at least 10 Holmes games that were the top NKY sports story this year. Outside of making a reality show covering the season, that's about as good as it gets.

 

Have to agree. Every top 7 team they played made the main sports story as well as games against Campbell co, SK, and a few others.

 

I think he may be referring to news coverage on tv.

  • Author
How much coverage do you want? I can think of at least 10 Holmes games that were the top NKY sports story this year. Outside of making a reality show covering the season, that's about as good as it gets.

 

I'm not talking about NKY.com.

Minimal all year, not just today.

 

The newspaper does a nice job covering Holmes as well as other nky schools.

 

As far as tv goes, there aren't many schools who get attention unless they are playing on friday night as that's the night the blitz and final quarter are out and about.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.