Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 McCreary Central

Featured Replies

What does McCreary Central need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

What does McCreary Central need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

 

First I would like to say that I love it when it's time for football. As for the Raiders, they need to improve on blocking and tackling. They have some good athletes returning and they should be much improved when it comes to OFF. line play. They have a tough schedule with a very tough district schedule. I think it will be important for them to play well early and get some early wins. I think they are probably 1 more year away from making a very big splash in their district but only time will tell!

If there can be some playmakers placed around their RB, then this team will be much improved. Like stated above, tackling seemed to be a weakness for them last season.

After talking with the coaches and seeing 30+ in the weight-room for the Raiders I can see where they may break 500 for the first time ever this season. They are definately getting stronger which has been a problem spot in the past but know they have sold their team on the importance of hitting the weight-room. One of the coaches said the strength of Rockcastle last year was what convienced the players that they HAD to get stronger if they were going to compete in their district. I can't wait to see what they are doing in spring practice. I would love to here from other Raider fans and from fans of the teams that are on the Raiders schedule.

McCreary Co. has the talent and school size to compete. Watts is the real deal. We at Campbellsville were very impressed with this young man last year. Our game was a battle until the end. I would expect the same next year. Good Luck the the Raiders this off season. See you here next year.

McCreary Co. has the talent and school size to compete. Watts is the real deal. We at Campbellsville were very impressed with this young man last year. Our game was a battle until the end. I would expect the same next year. Good Luck the the Raiders this off season. See you here next year.

 

 

Thanks Eaglenation, we will be expecting a battle at your place in 2008. I was at this years game and you all had size and speed and with you only losing 2 players the Raiders will have to bring their A+ game. I hope I can make the trip because it stacks up to be a barn burner! Good luck to Campbellsville up to week#10!

Give the ball to Watts! He is the real deal. They were much improved last year and I expect them to take another step forward next year.

Watts may very well be the best athlete in the mountains. This will be McCreary's year to do it if they are ever going to do it(get above 500 that is). Get the ball to Watts early and often and they will beat some people.

Watts may very well be the best athlete in the mountains. This will be McCreary's year to do it if they are ever going to do it(get above 500 that is). Get the ball to Watts early and often and they will beat some people.

 

 

Why will this be the year? Watts is just a sophmore! Also, this isn't B-ball where one man can steal the show. In football an Aaron Watts makes things a lot easier but you still have to have a strong supporting group of kids if you want your team to find real success. It takes 11!

I was speaking to the coaches at McCreary Central and they said that Watts could see some time at quarterback this season.

I was speaking to the coaches at McCreary Central and they said that Watts could see some time at quarterback this season.

 

 

They hadn't mentioned that to me but that would be very interesting. I think he would prove to be a big problem for his opponents from that position. Everyone knows he can run and he pitches for the baseball team so he should have an excellent arm. He would be a true triple threat from the QB position. I will try to talk to the coaches and see what chance there is of this happening. SSF if you find out any more please let us know!

Why will this be the year? Watts is just a sophmore! Also, this isn't B-ball where one man can steal the show. In football an Aaron Watts makes things a lot easier but you still have to have a strong supporting group of kids if you want your team to find real success. It takes 11!

 

 

I thought he only had one more year of eligibility. At least that is what former members of the McCreary coaching staff said. Where they incorrect. He makes that team 28 pts better a ball game. It may take 11, but it takes one mismatch to score. you can talk all day about a strong supporting cast, but good players make the other kids better as well. Siince you asked though they will have a decent supporting cast!

I thought he only had one more year of eligibility. At least that is what former members of the McCreary coaching staff said. Where they incorrect. He makes that team 28 pts better a ball game. It may take 11, but it takes one mismatch to score. you can talk all day about a strong supporting cast, but good players make the other kids better as well. Siince you asked though they will have a decent supporting cast!

 

He is only a 10th grader, he has 2 more years! As for the rest I agree; great players make great plays and causes those around them to step their game up a couple of notches. I think the Raiders have some very good athletes other than watts an I have also heard they have their biggest "O" line ever averaging about 6' 3" and 250 lbs. They could pose a problem for most of their oppoents in the 2008 season (I did say most not all). Lets remember whay district they play in!

Won't he turn 19 before the deadline? Someone said he stayed back too many times.

Won't he turn 19 before the deadline? Someone said he stayed back too many times.

 

He will be OK for his senior year! he will turn 19 after Aug 1st

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.