Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 Male

Featured Replies

What does Male need to do to improve in 2008? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

Surely they have more than him.

Surely they have more than him.

 

I sure they do but I was stating Justin Green has a world of talent.

Any experience returning on the line? Male may have Justin Green, but they still need to stop the run and provide the opportunity for Green to get the ball.

If this MALE team doesn't find a QB, then it will be a long year.

My son will be there in four years, if he doesn't go to Manual.

 

Not having an experince QB and the losses on Defense is gonna hurt any team.

"sources" inside Male's program stating that they have a Freshman QB coming in that Redman believes could be as good as his son (chris) was. Now, whether or not this is true remains to be seen and only time will tell, but I do agree with one poster's comment...if they DONT have a QB to run Redman's aggressive offense, it will be a long year.

 

I am also told that Redman has expressed interest in West Virginia's (soon to be Michigan) offense. Cant see Redman doing that but who knows with him.

 

I would state that if Redman would ever swallow his pride and change his defense now that just about everyone can throw the ball, the defense is going to kill them more than anything. But that is like me stating that George Washington was the first US president...everyone knows this!

I don't see a freshman QB starting at the 6A level. Maybe late in the year. Coach likes to talk, but I trust him.

Larry, He may (start) just because we have nothing else...an acceptable passing game would have helped last years team tremendously, but X et al could just tee off on the run as anything past 10 yds was picked.

Without a very strong line to provide protection playing a freshman may prove counter productive if they don't have the time to throw. Without a strong and experienced line the chances of getting a QB hurt is too high IMO.

"sources" inside Male's program stating that they have a Freshman QB coming in that Redman believes could be as good as his son (chris) was. Now, whether or not this is true remains to be seen and only time will tell, but I do agree with one poster's comment...if they DONT have a QB to run Redman's aggressive offense, it will be a long year.

 

I am also told that Redman has expressed interest in West Virginia's (soon to be Michigan) offense. Cant see Redman doing that but who knows with him.

 

I would state that if Redman would ever swallow his pride and change his defense now that just about everyone can throw the ball, the defense is going to kill them more than anything. But that is like me stating that George Washington was the first US president...everyone knows this!

 

I can see Red running this type of O as it would fit very well with the type of players he has year in and year out. It also lends itself to the kid at QB who can run well but is not the typical Male throwing QB. As for the D, Redman could run a 3-3-5 stack and cause a lot of teams major problems with the skill kids Male usully has.

TKE..Coach needs to start walking the halls. We all have heard of stories where a QB/RB was found thru a gym class. My son has been gone two years from Male and I was at most practices for four years, I'm sure they have some guys lined up to make the plays at QB...

 

Does anyone remember a Freshman QB starting or even playing at this level?

Does anyone remember a Freshman QB starting or even playing at this level?

 

Only time in recent history is Manual during the playoff with St. X two years ago at Papa John's. Harness (a sophomore) got hurt. Backup was a freshman who also got hurt, then they moved a WR over to finish the game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.