Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miss Basketball

Featured Replies

Lexington Catholic's Novosel has to be the favortie but Reid is nipping at her heels. Both are out standing players and will excel on the next level as well. Good luck to the both of you.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, De'Sarae Chambers does not get enough credit state-wide. It may take a Sweet 16 appearance to get her on that scale, and unfortunately, this is her last chance to do it.

 

I don't doubt Mr. Demling's credibility, I'd bet he has more statewide knowledge in his pinkie than I do in my whole body. It just doesn't seem right to me that De'Sarae is listed dead last on the "others close" part of his list.

Even if it's not in any particular order, still being outside of the Top 10 is a travesty to me.

 

Why is DeSarae Chambers for Mason County not being considered. She has 2900 points over 1000 rebounds and very much gerts her team mates involved. She has also signed D1 with Dayton. I have not seen Reid play but have seen Novosel play three times and I would not trade Chambers for Novosel. Lets hear some reasons?

 

Oh, and agreed.

Novosel's biggest flaw? Not very consistent from three point range. I personally think Novosel has had a tough time this season with Lex Cath's team because she is called to do so much for the team that she doesn't necessarily put up the gaudy stats all the time. I have seen few girls in the state OF THE TEAMS I'VE SEEN who can drive to the hole and score or draw the foul as well as her. She also has a big frame that allows her to post up well despite only being 5'11''. Plays good D, can handle the ball well, rebounds, and can pass. However I'd agree with some on here that Reid from everything I've heard is just as good if not better.

 

I don't think the state can go wrong with either girl getting named Miss Basketball.

Chambers has 2900 pts and over 1000 rebounds (2300 in high school) signs with a D1 school and cannot make Jody's top ten list. Yes she has not made it to state tourney but probably some of the other ones have not either.

Chambers has 2900 pts and over 1000 rebounds (2300 in high school) signs with a D1 school and cannot make Jody's top ten list. Yes she has not made it to state tourney but probably some of the other ones have not either.

 

Who did she sign with? I heard Chambers has a problem with breathing (asthma) maybe that was a reason I don't know. I watched her play several times against 1oth region teams and she is very good. But she gets alittle winded. That is the only thing i saw

Who did she sign with? I heard Chambers has a problem with breathing (asthma) maybe that was a reason I don't know. I watched her play several times against 1oth region teams and she is very good. But she gets alittle winded. That is the only thing i saw

 

Dayton.

I don't doubt Mr. Demling's credibility, I'd bet he has more statewide knowledge in his pinkie than I do in my whole body. It just doesn't seem right to me that De'Sarae is listed dead last on the "others close" part of his list.

Even if it's not in any particular order, still being outside of the Top 10 is a travesty to me.

 

I think that Mr. Demling is partial to some schools - especially in the Lousiville area. There are several players that could also be on the "close list" that have signed D1 scholarships, one I know of has some pretty impressive stats- not quite as good as Chambers- which are PHENOMENAL . So it just cannot be about D1 potential or stats....not sure how he makes his final determinations but he was one of the two guys listed in Kentucky area for McDonald's All American nominations and there were several very worthy players that were left off that list as well.

 

It is all about someone's opinion - it is just hard when you see worthy players that don't get the recognition like they should.

 

I hope that Mason gets to state!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.