Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Miss Basketball

Featured Replies

Who are the frontrunners for Miss Basketball this year?

Monique Reid should win but we know that girls from Louisville usually don't win Ms. Basketball. I have seen Gibbs, Novesel, Rickets, and recently watched Reid and Reid is the best in Ky. this year.

I agree with bluethunder. I have seen a lot of players over the past few years and Reid is among the best. She has some huge numbers but they could be even bigger. She gets her teammates involved and she is a dominating player.

Reid. Simply amazing.

Why is DeSarae Chambers for Mason County not being considered. She has 2900 points over 1000 rebounds and very much gerts her team mates involved. She has also signed D1 with Dayton. I have not seen Reid play but have seen Novosel play three times and I would not trade Chambers for Novosel. Lets hear some reasons?

Chambers does deserve mentioning, but there is only girl at the top and that is Monique Reid!

Why is DeSarae Chambers for Mason County not being considered. She has 2900 points over 1000 rebounds and very much gerts her team mates involved. She has also signed D1 with Dayton. I have not seen Reid play but have seen Novosel play three times and I would not trade Chambers for Novosel. Lets hear some reasons?

 

I have seen both play and they are not in the same category right now. Reid can dominate a game by herself Chambers can not. Not that Chambers is by no means not a top player Reid is just above that at this point in their careers. I can't see any other player in the state being able to dominate a game like Reid can. When I say dominate it is not against the lesser players she would dominate the best in Kentucky.

I have seen both play and they are not in the same category right now. Reid can dominate a game by herself Chambers can not. Not that Chambers is by no means not a top player Reid is just above that at this point in their careers. I can't see any other player in the state being able to dominate a game like Reid can. When I say dominate it is not against the lesser players she would dominate the best in Kentucky.

 

I would have to agree that Reid can dominate against the best players in the state. She is a phenomenal player and a joy to watch and should win but....

 

Novosel is also a terrific player and can domiante but not the same way that Reid can. If she is able to lead her team out of district and region, she may have a chance though to upset Reid. People have talked about Novosel since she was a freshman and she has an extremely loyal following and remember that the votes come from all across the state. Reid's pr had been more in the last two years.

 

There is no doubt that Reid has superior stats but it doesn't always come down to that....it depends on what people use as their deciding vote.

 

Both are great players.

You'll have to excuse me here, I'm not that well versed in players across the state. What schools do Reid and Novesel go to? Are they both Seniors ?

Who are the frontrunners for Miss Basketball this year?

 

What does anyone think about Maggie Prewitt from Montgomery County. She is a terrific player and very unselfish. She might not have all the numbers that alot of the other girls have but she is a team player and does pass the ball. She does not try to get all the glory like alot of the front runners do. She tries to do what it takes to help her team to win. She gets my vote.

Reid = Fern Creek

Novosel = Lex Cath

 

I believe that to be considered for Miss (or Mr.) Basketball, only seniors are considered.

What does anyone think about Maggie Prewitt from Montgomery County. She is a terrific player and very unselfish. She might not have all the numbers that alot of the other girls have but she is a team player and does pass the ball. She does not try to get all the glory like alot of the front runners do. She tries to do what it takes to help her team to win. She gets my vote.

 

You are not getting the gist of Miss Basketball then. It is the best player in the state period. Not who helps their team win, or who is the nicest, or plays good defense. THE BEST PLAYER. I agree that Novosel is a great player but I think she still falls behind Reid in overall talent. I am not disparaging any of the girls who get nominated and there are some great talents out there but if Reid does not win then Miss Basketball is not truely the best player in the State and is a popularity contest. Everyone who has been mentioned I have seen personally play and I am not from Fern Creek either so this is not a biased opinion just my humble opinion.

Per Jody Demling's blog at the courierjournal.com - he has listed his top seniors for the class of 2008.

 

 

He lists Reid, Gibbs, then Novosel as his top three. I pasted his info below

 

A tough call on who is No. 1

Perhaps just as tough as the call as to what boys' senior is the best in the state is the one I had to make on what girls' player is tops in the Bluegrass State.

 

I'd first start by saying there are three players - Natalie Novosel, Monique Reid (photo) and Tia Gibbs - that are extremely close and could all be named No. 1.

 

Novosel is headed to Notre Dame and has been one of the state's elite players for Lexington Catholic since she was a freshman. She can do it all on the floor.

 

Gibbs has also starred for Butler since she was in the eighth-grade and the Vanderbilt signee has turned in an exceptional senior season. She was the MVP of the LIT earlier this month.

 

And Reid, well the University of Louisville signee led the state in scoring and rebounding last season and is second in scoring (31.8) and first in rebounding (18.9) again this season. Reid is virtually impossible to stop on the offensive end of the floor.

 

Now, to separate those three. Whew, a tough, tough call. But I'm going to go with Reid by just a little nudge over Gibbs with Novosel not too far behind in third. All three are really going to be exceptional college players.

 

Here's my list of top seniors in Kentucky:

 

Monique Reid, Fern Creek

Tia Gibbs, Butler

Natalie Novosel, Lexington Catholic

Janae Howard, Owensboro

Ceira Ricketts, Fairdale

Chantelle Pressley, Paul Dunbar

Gwen Rucker, Henry Clay

Brittany Wilson, Manual

Maggie Prewitt, Montgomery County

Tacarra Hayes, Marion County

Novosel from Catholic def. the favorite.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.