Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

49th District Draw

Featured Replies

First Round

Clay County vs. North winner will play OBI.

 

Jackson vs. Red Bird ... winner advances to the finals and region.

 

By the way IMO Blind draws are horrible!

What a joke.

 

Blind draw = dumb luck

  • Author

Yep, as usual

I'm not sure it's that bad for the 49th THIS SEASON. Jackson County has been ranked as the top team all season and they need to beat Red Bird to get to the region. Clay and North have been 2/3 all season and they have to beat each other. It seems like Clay/North would have to beat each other in a seeded tournament as well.

It will be a wild night monday 2/25 with Clay v. Jackson (girls) @ 6:30 and Clay v. NL (boys) @ 8:30. The girls game has always been a huge rivalry and the boys has turned into a good rivalry of late, should be an entertaining tournament on both sides.

I hate to see the teams that voted to draw get rewarded in the draw, with the only two voting to seed playing each other and having to win two games to advance to the finals.:argue:

  • Author
I'm not sure it's that bad for the 49th THIS SEASON. Jackson County has been ranked as the top team all season and they need to beat Red Bird to get to the region. Clay and North have been 2/3 all season and they have to beat each other. It seems like Clay/North would have to beat each other in a seeded tournament as well.

 

Actually, it would have been Jackson/North

Actually, it would have been Jackson/North

 

Then I stand corrected!:D

 

I still think this district should play out with the two best teams going to the region. It would have been much worse if OBI and Red Bird were playing for a berth.

 

I do clearly understand the argument for seeding. I would like to see a blanket rule for districts, either one way or the other.

Where is tournament held??

Where is tournament held??

 

North Laurel

Blind draw is a horrible idea. I can at least somewhat understand Red Bird and Oneida's position. Jackson Co. voting to draw is just cowardly.

Thats such a joke, Clay Co plays a good season and beats North and Jackson and what do they get in return they have to play NOrth plus they have to play a second game..

 

The draw is Such a jOKE!

Blind draw is a horrible idea. I can at least somewhat understand Red Bird and Oneida's position. Jackson Co. voting to draw is just cowardly.

 

I don't understand how you can somewhat understand Red Bird and Oneida's position and not Jackson County's. If they seeded for 20 years 18 of those years would have Jackson county being the 3rd place team or lower and the rest they might actually make it to 1st or second. So, they are in the same boat as Red Bird and Oneida.

I don't understand how you can somewhat understand Red Bird and Oneida's position and not Jackson County's. If they seeded for 20 years 18 of those years would have Jackson county being the 3rd place team or lower and the rest they might actually make it to 1st or second. So, they are in the same boat as Red Bird and Oneida.

 

I don't agree with Red Bird and Oneida's position, but I can see how it would be difficult to compete in that situation with no feeder system and never knowing what kids you will have, but I still believe they should vote to seed.

 

Jackson Co. is another situation. They are not that small of a school. Have a feeder middle school and have talent in the county. Why would anyone want to have an attitude that you are doomed to 3rd in the district. Just go to work and develop your program instead of trying to sneak in the Region Tournament.

Jackson Co is about half the size of Clay or North..........

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.