Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport 54 St. Henry 55

Featured Replies

St. Herny jumped out 7-0 but Newport fought back. St. Henry was up 40-28 with 3min left in the 3rd quarter but Newport fought back. St. Henry was up by about 10 with 4min left in the game, again Newport fought back. Down 4 Newport hit a crazy 3pter to cut it to 1. St. Henry then made both free throws to go up by 3 with 10tics left.

 

Here's where it gets interesting. Newport hit a shot infront of the St. Henry student section with 2 seconds remaining. St. Henry threw the ball in bounds and heaved a desperation shot. NO GOOD. I look at the scoreboard waiting for the numbers to change from 52-55 to 55-55. Nothing. Nothing. Still waiting. Nothing. Then I see the 2 refs hudling near the scorers table and then the anouncement was made by the PA anouncer.

 

"The last basket by Newport has been ruled a 2pt basket. Game Over."

 

The refs scattered. Newport coaches ran after them. (no success ringing there necks) Not sure if anyone has the video but from my viewpoint at halfcourt it looked like Darnell was behind the line. If his foot was on the line not many people saw it.

 

The worst part is.....the scorekeeper never put the score up on the board because the refs never ever signaled if it was a 2 or a 3. That would have been important.

 

The worst part is.....the scorekeeper never put the score up on the board because the refs never ever signaled if it was a 2 or a 3. That would have been important.

 

If they don't signal a 3 then its a 2, right?

Wow, Same refs as Tuesday nights game ? I really doubt it , but can Newport protest the game?

Good point if it was I three they would have indicated to the scorers table.

I'm confused, how did the score end up 55-54, if the shot would have made it 53 all, if it was a 3?

Wow that interesting. Sounds like a crazy game.

  • Author
I'm confused, how did the score end up 55-54, if the shot would have made it 53 all, if it was a 3?

 

Sorry about that. I corrected my first post.

Sorry about that. I corrected my first post.
No problem and now I understand....:thumb:
If they don't signal a 3 then its a 2, right?

 

 

Not if they didn't signal it as a two.

 

Did they signal a two, or just no call it?

Well i did talk to someone last night and they did see the film and Darnell was well behind the line. Not sure why the ref didnt call it a 3 pointer. Any way it was a great game to watch. Good luck to both the rest of the season.

  • Author
Well i did talk to someone last night and they did see the film and Darnell was well behind the line. Not sure why the ref didnt call it a 3 pointer. Any way it was a great game to watch. Good luck to both the rest of the season.

 

I thought he was probably behind the line, but he wasn't "well behind the line". It was definetly a close call.

 

I might be wrong but from what I've been told if a player shot is close to the 3pt line, the official should let the scorers table know no matter what the call is.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.