Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Shortstop in NKY

Featured Replies

A post from another thread regarding Bellevue's new shortstop, Tracy Jones' son now being the best shortstop in NKY got me to thinking. Who is the best shortstop in NKY? If there is a better defensive shortstop than Luke Leatherbee from Ryle, I would like to see him. He can really pick it, with a more than adequate arm.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott's E.J Murray is pretty good he is a junior, he and Jordan Adkins should man the middle for Scott this season.

A post from another thread regarding Bellevue's new shortstop, Tracy Jones' son now being the best shortstop in NKY got me to thinking. Who is the best shortstop in NKY? If there is a better defensive shortstop than Luke Leatherbee from Ryle, I would like to see him. He can really pick it, with a more than adequate arm.
I havent seen one.

I don't think there is a dominant shortstop this year. Yes there are a bunch of guys that can pick it;

Leatherby/Ryle

Helmer/Ryle

Connor/NCC

?????/SK

Maddox/Gallatin

Holocher/CovCath

Adkins/Scott

 

who did I miss?

all are good but is one that much better than the other???? Probably not.

I don't think there is a dominant shortstop this year. Yes there are a bunch of guys that can pick it;

Leatherby/Ryle

Helmer/Ryle

Connor/NCC

?????/SK

Maddox/Gallatin

Holocher/CovCath

Adkins/Scott

 

who did I miss?

all are good but is one that much better than the other???? Probably not.

 

 

You've got to be kidding.

 

Leatherby is the only true infielder listed.

 

Reid is better then average, but he prooves his value with his bat.

You've got to be kidding.

 

Leatherby is the only true infielder listed.

 

Reid is better then average, but he prooves his value with his bat.

 

Reid is and so is Adkins at Scott hes an infielder, plays 2b for Scott and SS and 2B in the summer.

You've got to be kidding.

 

Leatherby is the only true infielder listed.

 

Reid is better then average, but he prooves his value with his bat.

 

as I stated who did I miss? Reed from Boone is good PROVES his value with his entire play. The only "true" infielder? You're in left field obviously!!! Define true infielder?

as I stated who did I miss? Reed from Boone is good PROVES his value with his entire play. The only "true" infielder? You're in left field obviously!!! Define true infielder?

 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.......

 

True Infielder - a position only reserved for players who attend Ryle high school :p

 

Ex: Ozzie Smith is a pretty good SS, but he's not a true infielder like Vince Murray.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.......

 

True Infielder - a position only reserved for players who attend Ryle high school :p

 

Ex: Ozzie Smith is a pretty good SS, but he's not a true infielder like Vince Murray.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.......

 

True Infielder - a position only reserved for players who attend Ryle high school :p

 

Ex: Ozzie Smith is a pretty good SS, but he's not a true infielder like Vince Murray.

 

Vince plays 3B.

as I stated who did I miss? Reed from Boone is good PROVES his value with his entire play. The only "true" infielder? You're in left field obviously!!! Define true infielder?

 

I just did. Luke Leathrby.

Helmers is a very solid shortstop, but he will likely have to wait his turn behind Leatherbee this year at Ryle. But he is a very legitimate infielder (SS) and has a cannon for an arm.

Vince plays 3B.

 

I know that, my sarcasm was obviously lost on you......

 

I have watched both Reed and Leatherby play. They are both fine young men and good HS baseball players. I think that Mr. Leatherby has the POTENTIAL to be a very good HS player. I think Mr. Reed arrived at that point some time last year.

Who not only has the best picking ability but also a strong bat? That tells the tale of the best SS IMO. My vision of a strong SS is a kid that goes 6ft or taller and is strong with great range.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.