Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Shortstop in NKY

Featured Replies

If your wanting to talk offense too then thats fine, tell me are these kids playing against the Seiters of brossart, Moeves of Highlands, ohh I am forgetting that one kid that was great and got drafted that came from Dixie, Schweitzer from campbell, I mean the list could go on and on, and mind you all four that I just mentioned all played against eachother at one point and were all drafted some where in their career.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, ohh I am forgetting that one kid that was great and got drafted that came from Dixie, .

 

Jay Johnson - now with the Red Sox.

I would agree that the players of "yesteryear" were special.

 

The only high school shortstop that I have seen that is comparable to Timmy Grogan is John Shelby of Tates Creek / Kentucky / some MLB farm system.

Colonel Crazy you are exactly correct. I had to play against John Shelby several times, and actually got to know him quite well on the traveling circut as we probably played over 20 times in a 3 year span. Not only was he the best hitter, fielder and had the best arm I have ever seen for he was a complete gentelman, he was a very special guy and was the real deal there is no lie about that, was Gatorade Palyer of the Year at Tates Creek/ Led Ky to their first SEC season title, and is now playing great in the White Sox Organization. They have said he will be moved up to AA this summer somtime as they will start him out at high A this being his second full minor league year.

Colonel Crazy you are exactly correct. I had to play against John Shelby several times, and actually got to know him quite well on the traveling circut as we probably played over 20 times in a 3 year span. Not only was he the best hitter, fielder and had the best arm I have ever seen for he was a complete gentelman, he was a very special guy and was the real deal there is no lie about that, was Gatorade Palyer of the Year at Tates Creek/ Led Ky to their first SEC season title, and is now playing great in the White Sox Organization. They have said he will be moved up to AA this summer somtime as they will start him out at high A this being his second full minor league year.

 

 

I know Tim played a few years in the Mets organization, and last year with the Florence Freedom....is he playing for the Freedom again this year?

I would take Reed from Boone County over any of these guys.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.