Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland Area; All-Area Team since 1990.

Featured Replies

At RB please give me someone that has better stats than these:

 

Yards - 7725

Points Scored - 584

Total TD's - 95

Rushing TD's - 93

Rush TD's in a season - 50

YDS in a season - 3166

YDS in a game - 414 (I believe he had another 400+ game?)

Yds per game - 212.5

Yds per rush (single season I believe?) - 12.99

 

If you can tell me who had better stats than you can put them at #1 but until you can come up with someone that was at least close to these I can't see it.

 

No these are not Arliss Beach #'s. But he did have a 100+ yard game against Beach and held him to around 50 yards in that game I believe???? Maybe someone can help me a little on that games stats?

 

These are numbers from the former Lawrence County and Marshall University player - Michael West

 

 

West was by far the best back this area has seen in a LONG time. West did have 2 400 yard rushing games. I remember in 99' whenever teams would load up the box against West, LC would open them back up by going to the best receiver in KY High School history in Parker. Almost impossible to stop something like that. Plus whenever LC would go to the veer you had to deal with D-1 talent at QB with Dontae Wright.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of baseball scholarships may outnumber the others but what you have not accounted for is the type of scholarship. Football and basketball are for the most part full rides. A baseball scholarship is typically a partial scholarship (maybe tuition or room and board). Schools are large as Kentucky only have around 10 scholarships to be divided in some manner between 30 or so players. So while the number may be higher the "quality" of scholarship is lower.

 

None the less the kids are playing and getting part of their education for free.

All division 1 schools are allowed 11.7 scholarships to be divided up how the coach wants. You are 100 percent correct all that matters is getting kids into the classroom at the college level.

Posts like the few previous are refreshing. This thread you have had a few people disagree on who was/is the best but no one saying this team or individual is awful and needs to be run out of town.

 

Keep the positive going guys, 'cause no matter who you pull for keep in mind the people playing are kids and those watching are adults.

Seems like Boyd Co. had a two or three real good players on "D" in the early 90's. I can not think of these kids names. I think two of them were DE (one kid went to EKU) and the other was a "D" tackle who made all-state. I can not think of the other two kids names, but I think they all three played on the same teams.

Seems like Boyd Co. had a two or three real good players on "D" in the early 90's. I can not think of these kids names. I think two of them were DE (one kid went to EKU) and the other was a "D" tackle who made all-state. I can not think of the other two kids names, but I think they all three played on the same teams.

 

Austin Hunter also a Boyd County graduate had a great season with Kentucky Christian College in 07 as the Knights fielded a football team for the first time in school history. Hunter ended the season as their leading receiver.

Must agree Juan was the one that lead the Tomcats to the 90 state title.

Must agree Juan was the one that lead the Tomcats to the 90 state title.

 

Welcome to BGP Devil09. Juan Thomas was a great high school athlete.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.