Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County Camels

Featured Replies

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCHS_Camel, you say you aren't trying to act as a coach, yet you are explaining how to break a press, how Jolly shoots too much, how Petey A. turns the ball over too much, how Code runs a simple, mundane offense, and you give solutions for each one... If that isn't trying to call out and act as a "coach" I don't know what is...

Right on Striker !!

 

Thanks, I just know that its hard enough to get called out by people from other schools, but when your own turn on you, its hard to deal with...

Fasten your seatbelt. The Camels have Tates Creek, Holmes, Boone County, and CovCath all coming up between now and the 1st of February.

 

If you are discontented now, check back then and give us your analysis.

 

How about this: The '07-'08 Camels are a revamped ballclub, with a new coach, a new philosophy, and some guys who had an abbreviated pre-season due to football and/or other extenuating circumstances, who seem to be happy and enjoying some positive team chemistry for a change, with losses only to Montgomery County (twice), Mason County, and LCA.

 

In my opinion, Campbell County is one year away from becoming a legitimate upper-crust contender, who will throw their hat in the ring for the trip to Rupp.

 

Even if the Camels were performing to your expectations Camel 1, I think that they would still have losses to Montgomery County and Mason County. Maybe - if they were totally and completely prepared and firing on all cylindars back in the Bluegrass-Buckeye, I will concede that they might have beaten LCA. But then why go to practice everyday???

 

Give the man a chance. Sit back and watch Scotty grow. Endure a few growing pains and bumps in the road this year and then put on your game face and get on the bandwagon in '08-'09 - I sincerely doubt that we will be hearing the same criticisms then!

100% agree with you Mustang!!!

You need to realize that believe it or not, you don't see everything that goes on... It amazes me that the first time CCHS is successful in the past 5 or 6 years, you nitpick and attack Coach Code. As someone who played under Coach Code, I believe he is the second smartest basketball mind I've ever played for (His older brother being the smartest of course :p), so he definitely knows what to run, what is best for the team, and how to manipulate the opposing defenses. You may not like going inside, but the run/gun, do everything on their own offenses of the past didn't work nearly as well as the one Code is running now... Hopefully negativity like yours continues and Coach Code comes back to where he belongs at Brossart and rejoins the Mustang staff, because trust me it will defintely be a loss for the Camels if he leaves...

 

I take it Willie Schlarman is somewhere around 6th or 7th and having trouble coming around the clubhouse turn?:D

I don't believe I have ever even said the words run and gun let alone suggested it for the Camels. Thats true that it would be a loss if he left because he is the best coach besides Sullivan in recent history at CCHS. I have never once said that he is a bad coach. It amazes me how some people tend to put words in someones mouth rather than accepting someones opinion.

 

I know, I know you are one of a dying few that miss those great days of mediocre accomplishments and self serving actions. Newsflash: The rest of us do not care!

  • Author
I know, I know you are one of a dying few that miss those great days of mediocre accomplishments and self serving actions. Newsflash: The rest of us do not care!

 

are you saying sullivan wasn't a good coach?

Good coach or not. The points you try to make with the references you give show a lack of many things. IF you are asking my personal opinion, with a complete set of things I consider that make a good coach, the answer is fairly easy....no, he was not a good coach but it really has nothing to do with this thread now does it? You make reference to someone who had not been around for 5 years. Not sure I understand your point but I will take Reitz over Sullivan any time.

  • Author
Fasten your seatbelt. The Camels have Tates Creek, Holmes, Boone County, and CovCath all coming up between now and the 1st of February.

 

If you are discontented now, check back then and give us your analysis.

 

How about this: The '07-'08 Camels are a revamped ballclub, with a new coach, a new philosophy, and some guys who had an abbreviated pre-season due to football and/or other extenuating circumstances, who seem to be happy and enjoying some positive team chemistry for a change, with losses only to Montgomery County (twice), Mason County, and LCA.

 

In my opinion, Campbell County is one year away from becoming a legitimate upper-crust contender, who will throw their hat in the ring for the trip to Rupp.

 

Even if the Camels were performing to your expectations Camel 1, I think that they would still have losses to Montgomery County and Mason County. Maybe - if they were totally and completely prepared and firing on all cylindars back in the Bluegrass-Buckeye, I will concede that they might have beaten LCA. But then why go to practice everyday???

 

Give the man a chance. Sit back and watch Scotty grow. Endure a few growing pains and bumps in the road this year and then put on your game face and get on the bandwagon in '08-'09 - I sincerely doubt that we will be hearing the same criticisms then!

 

I agree witht what you are syaing. But can anyone who has seen them play tell me that they don't have to improve on these things that i stated above? I'm just saying things that i notice that seem wrong and would make them a better team. is that so wrong?

  • Author
Good coach or not. The points you try to make with the references you give show a lack of many things. IF you are asking my personal opinion, with a complete set of things I consider that make a good coach, the answer is fairly easy....no, he was not a good coach but it really has nothing to do with this thread now does it? You make reference to someone who had not been around for 5 years. Not sure I understand your point but I will take Reitz over Sullivan any time.

 

I think I honestly said the wrong name. Who coached before Sullivan?

I think I honestly said the wrong name. Who coached before Sullivan?

 

Recent history of program:

Code

Reitz

Sullivan

Doug Jones

Bob Jones

I know, I know you are one of a dying few that miss those great days of mediocre accomplishments and self serving actions. Newsflash: The rest of us do not care!

 

I hope the Camels will give Coach Code a chance to succeed.

 

However I guess if winning a regional title is a medicore accomplishment then he has no chance. How many other Camels coaches can claim a regional title?

 

BTW - I do care about Camel basketball and want it back to a winning program. I think the last 4-5 years speaks for itself. "Medicore" basketball at it best.

I hope the Camels will give Coach Code a chance to succeed.

 

However I guess if winning a regional title is a medicore accomplishment then he has no chance. How many other Camels coaches can claim a regional title?

 

BTW - I do care about Camel basketball and want it back to a winning program. I think the last 4-5 years speaks for itself. "Medicore" basketball at it best.

 

Go by a particular year all you want, I look at the total. Many things add up as a good coach. Its like math, you should be able to balance the whole amount!

:lol::lol::rolleyes::fight:

I agree witht what you are syaing. But can anyone who has seen them play tell me that they don't have to improve on these things that i stated above? I'm just saying things that i notice that seem wrong and would make them a better team. is that so wrong?
If simply drawing it up on the chalkboard got it done than everybody would be good.

 

It takes time, patience, repetition, perserverence, preparation, perspiration, etc, etc., etc.,..

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.