Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Defensive Team in your Region.

Featured Replies

13th region-Cumberland & Clay County

14th region-Perry Central

15th region- Paintsville

These teams will be hard to beat during tourney time. Man to Man defense teams.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 11th? Bryan Station is a very quick, athletic team that plays some good defense

Royals dropped 80 on Campbell County on Tuesday night, could have been more if they wanted it to be!

16th-East Carter, no contest.

9th Region-From what I've seen Holmes is very good defesively and so is Highlands. I think it all comes down to match ups.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 11th? Bryan Station is a very quick, athletic team that plays some good defense

 

Bryan Station score most of there points off turnover! The press is 2nd to none. Mason Co. is the only team that was able to throw over it to bet them.

16th-East Carter, no contest.

 

I havn't got to see East play this year but Elliott County's defense really impressed me. I have to say I havn't seen anyone play defense like Mason County if their not calling a tight game these guys are relentless. Their size makes it real hard for teams to get the ball up the floor.

Elliott County is far above the rest with Raceland and their press a distant 2nd

I havn't got to see East play this year but Elliott County's defense really impressed me. I have to say I havn't seen anyone play defense like Mason County if their not calling a tight game these guys are relentless. Their size makes it real hard for teams to get the ball up the floor.

 

Because Mason County plays a fast paced style they don't always get credit for their defense. They've held most - not all - of their opponents under their average (in games not against the Royals). Here's a list of teams they've played, the average ppg for those teams in their games other than when they played Mason County, and the points allowed by Mason County in those games:

 

Bryan Station, 83.3ppg, scored 71 vs. MC

Tates Creek, 62.7 ppg, scored 73 vs. MC (seems like Sparks had almost all of those points!)

CovCath, 62.2 ppg, scored 56 and 42 (49ppg) vs. MC

Scott, 60.75 ppg, scored 40 vs. MC

CPA Tennessee, ?ppg, scored 54 vs. MC

Leilehua HI, ?ppg, scored 41 vs. MC

Mt. Vernon NY, ?ppg, scored 69 vs. MC

Rice, ?ppg, scored 59 vs. MC

Iolani, ?ppg, scored 41 vs. MC

Lexington Christian, 57.7 ppg, scored 38 vs. MC

JBS, 78.5 ppg, scored 58 vs. MC

Lexington Catholic, 73.5 ppg, scored 79 vs. MC in OT

Pendleton County, 52.7 ppg, scored 36 vs. MC

Bishop Brossart, 55.3 ppg, scored 36 vs. MC

Montgomery County, 72.9 ppg, scored 55 vs. MC

Scott County, 70.1 ppg, scored 76 vs. MC

Campbell County, 58.1 ppg, scored 63 vs. MC

In the 9th I'd have to say Holmes followed by Highlands and Ryle. Problem with Ryle is that they don't have the offense to go with the defense.

Haven't seen everyone play yet but I would have to make note of Highlands and CovCath as excellent defensive teams. Thought Boone was a little less intense than expected, only saw Newport once but that night they looked good. I am anxious to see Holmes this year, I'm sure they are as advertised knowing/having seen all their players before.

 

Brossart ?????? not sure where that came from !

12th- Pulaski has been consistently good defensively and Lincoln county has REALLY turned it on defensively lately.

 

(Did I just put two adverbs together?)

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.