Rowan County 55 Morgan County 54 (OT)

Morgan Co. - 23-30 FT's

Rowan Co. - 4-8.

Tough to overcome that.

Morgan's zone had something to do with that. Rowan did not penetrate the zone but instead tried for inside passes to Riddle or passing around the perimeter for 3s. Rowan came out in an aggressive man to man (both half and full court) thus prompting a lot more fouls. The refs did not make this one close. Give credit where it is due - Morgan Co had an excellent gameplan they just fell a little short.

To Rowan - the really good teams find a way to win and that's exactly what they did tonight. IMO Rowan is still the team to beat in the 16th until someone proves otherwise.

Morgan's zone had something to do with that. Rowan did not penetrate the zone but instead tried for inside passes to Riddle or passing around the perimeter for 3s. Rowan came out in an aggressive man to man (both half and full court) thus prompting a lot more fouls. The refs did not make this one close. Give credit where it is due - Morgan Co had an excellent gameplan they just fell a little short.

To Rowan - the really good teams find a way to win and that's exactly what they did tonight. IMO Rowan is still the team to beat in the 16th until someone proves otherwise.

Great points.

You are dead on!!

Excellent game and Morgan Co. lead throughout until late in the 4th.

Lady Cougars were in control at 41-33 late in 3rd and Rowan Co. got a break and tap out to hit a three....Rowan rallied behind that turning point.

Leslie Eagle for Morgan was the best player on the court. 33 points and was tough to handle in the open court.

Coach Jeff Brown did an excellent job of not only the zone but then doing focusing more on trying to deny Riddle the basketall in the middle...I really liked the Riddle girl who I thought if she got the ball in the paint, she could've scored at will.

Morgan's 30 FT could have been 40 or more...but that's due to Rowans in your shirt pressure. Well officiated game and don't let the numbers fool anyone, a zone will yield far less fouls than constant pressure.

16th is all about match-ups...Morgan matches up well with Rowan but Rowan may match up with a team like Elliott or Ashland better...There are 5 teams that could win this region. There is no clear cut #1, Ashland at Morgan on Thursday will be the last test hurdle for the Lady Cougars to see where they stand with the top of the pack.

Excellent game and Morgan Co. lead throughout until late in the 4th.

Lady Cougars were in control at 41-33 late in 3rd and Rowan Co. got a break and tap out to hit a three....Rowan rallied behind that turning point.

Leslie Eagle for Morgan was the best player on the court. 33 points and was tough to handle in the open court.

Coach Jeff Brown did an excellent job of not only the zone but then doing focusing more on trying to deny Riddle the basketall in the middle...I really liked the Riddle girl who I thought if she got the ball in the paint, she could've scored at will.

Morgan's 30 FT could have been 40 or more...but that's due to Rowans in your shirt pressure. Well officiated game and don't let the numbers fool anyone, a zone will yield far less fouls than constant pressure.

16th is all about match-ups...Morgan matches up well with Rowan but Rowan may match up with a team like Elliott or Ashland better...There are 5 teams that could win this region. There is no clear cut #1, Ashland at Morgan on Thursday will be the last test hurdle for the Lady Cougars to see where they stand with the top of the pack.

Thanks Netsie...but I have to disagree...I think Rowan is a clear cut #1 at this point in the season...undefeated in the region with wins over Raceland, Elliott, East, Morgan and Russell. Some impressive out of region wins as well, such as Mason Co. and Scott Co.

I have to agree with Nets, region is open. Play a zone and make Rowan "chuck it from the cheap seats".

I bet Russell tried to zone the Lady Vikes a little tonight...I'd be interested to see what the outcome of that game was...