Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greenup..... Notice a Pattern?

Featured Replies

I agree, the Admin. has been the biggest let down. This is why GC kids need all the positive comments and support we can give. You say someone needs to take a stand, have you tried being that someone?

 

Hard to re-invent the Wheel.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taken Wrong!!! I wasn't referring to scores, I was referring to the number of athletes to compete against.

 

As of lately, I agree, " R " has had some success against our bigger schools. Check your records from the past 10 years head to head with GC in: Basketball, Baseball, Football, Cheer-leading, Dance, Band, Golf, Tennis and anything else you can find. Maybe you need to take another look at the academic side of things as well.

I respectfully think that you are misrepresenting things. Below is a site where you can view the district report cards for any school in the state of Kentucky, just choose the school district you wish to view and look at the test scores. It also shows incidents of violence and teacher qualifications, as well as other aspects of education.

http://apps.kde.state.ky.us/report_card/index.cfm?action=display_cards

 

Here is Raceland's School web site, look around.

http://www.raceland.k12.ky.us/

The differences that I have noticed between Raceland and Greenup is that Raceland is a tight community that really supports their sports and academics, in a very serious way, compared to Greenup having Competition within its own County so bad that the School cannot prosper. JMO.

 

I agree, and things will never change as long as people keep running from the problems instead of binding together to fix them. We teach our kids that there is no "I" in team, yet they see the parents not practicing what they preach. I for one, want my kids to be a part of the GC heritage, as the rest of their family was. It's going to take each of us to do our part to get things turned around.

The differences that I have noticed between Raceland and Greenup is that Raceland is a tight community that really supports their sports and academics, in a very serious way, compared to Greenup having Competition within its own County so bad that the School cannot prosper. JMO.

 

Booger you have touched on the exact thing that makes Raceland what it is. Raceland School System is a very tight knit community, I'm not talking about the city, I am talking about the school system. One local businessman made a comment, after transferring his son to Raceland, I love this comment and repeat it frequently, he said, "Raceland Independent School District is the best kept secret in Eastern Kentucky".

:thumb:Plenty. There is about eight cars making the trip every morning, fall in line and follow the cars with the "R" on them.

 

You boys better be careful, I'd hate to see the KHSAA rule a kid who actually joined in that caravan ineligible because of another R word based on comments made here on BGP.

I'm only half kidding.... if you read the KHSAA rules, Ram's post could be considered a violation - I think that's kind of rediculous, but it's the letter of the law...

You boys better be careful, I'd hate to see the KHSAA rule a kid who actually joined in that caravan ineligible because of another R word based on comments made here on BGP.

I'm only half kidding.... if you read the KHSAA rules, Ram's post could be considered a violation - I think that's kind of rediculous, but it's the letter of the law...

 

:laugh:I dont think mine will be ruled ineligible for Middle School though?:thumb::laugh:

Don't be so sure, they have started to take control of 8th grade... it won't be long before they take over all the middle schools too....

 

I really thought Ram would appreciate the sarchasm...

  • Author
The differences that I have noticed between Raceland and Greenup is that Raceland is a tight community that really supports their sports and academics, in a very serious way, compared to Greenup having Competition within its own County so bad that the School cannot prosper. JMO.

 

The vast majority of the Greenup community is great! The major issue, there are a handful of selfish people who are very vocal and bullish and the silent majority in Greenup has yet to take a stand with these few people. What compounds the situation is the administration has not held their ground either. The silent majority needs to put the troublemakers in their place, the administration needs to make sound decisions and support the truth. Until these two things occur, Greenup HS will continue to have turmoil and run off good people. As a result of all this “stuff” the kids suffer…….

Don't be so sure, they have started to take control of 8th grade... it won't be long before they take over all the middle schools too....

 

I really thought Ram would appreciate the sarchasm...

 

:thumb:Appreciated and laughed out loud. The're orange "R" stickers, not scarlet "A", or scarlet "R" as it would be.

The vast majority of the Greenup community is great! The major issue, there are a handful of selfish people who are very vocal and bullish and the silent majority in Greenup has yet to take a stand with these few people. What compounds the situation is the administration has not held their ground either. The silent majority needs to put the troublemakers in their place, the administration needs to make sound decisions and support the truth. Until these two things occur, Greenup HS will continue to have turmoil and run off good people. As a result of all this “stuff” the kids suffer…….

 

Well said, and I venture to say a very accurate summation of the on going situation.

Greenup has some major issues with parents and administration. Coaches are stupid if they go there because of all the turmoil. You need to be able to coach the way you want to coach and not have to worry about everyone talking behind your back. Parents need to stay out of the way when it comes to playing time, practices, etc.

No question in my mind that Raceland is great. Super schools, teachers, athletics, and adminstration. Which brings me to this point. Maybe Greenup Co. should hire a Raceland alumni to take over the boy's program. Maybe Coach Keeton Raceland 93' would move offices and provide the same stability to the boy's program that he has given the girls. Coach Keeton has taken a girls program that has been rock bottom and made the competitive. They are really young this season, but the JV coached by Jeremy Stephenson Raceland 01' grad is doing very well, and the varsity starts no SR's and a 7th grader has plenty of promise in the future. The girls numbers are up, and seem to play hard for the young fiery coaches at GC. The answer for the boy's could be literally right around the corner!

No one on here posting can let yours or my kids down more than the Administration of GC has done. Someone needs to stand for what is right and have some guts in the GC Community.

 

Which administrators are you referring to? Supt., Prin, Asst. Prin. , AD????????????

  • Author
No question in my mind that Raceland is great. Super schools, teachers, athletics, and adminstration. Which brings me to this point. Maybe Greenup Co. should hire a Raceland alumni to take over the boy's program. Maybe Coach Keeton Raceland 93' would move offices and provide the same stability to the boy's program that he has given the girls.

 

Blue Blazer, at this time in Greenup's time I would not wish this job on anyone! Regardless of a coach's track record somehwere else, until the other issues at Greenup is addressed and fixed...... coach's are fighting a losing battle.

If you're going to make the trip to a school with an " R ", why not go a few extra miles to a good school with an " R "!!!! :fire:

 

If you're afraid your kids can't excel or aren't good enough to be a starter in a big, class 4A, school, then maybe you should go to a smaller school where there is less competition.

 

Sounds like you're a level headed person. GC would like to have you there to help fix the problem, but if you choose not to, We wish you the best of luck!!!

I think that little R beat that big 4A school the last 3 years. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.