Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 82 Northwestern 63

Featured Replies

N Western is a bad team. But good win for Tubby. He has done a great job in Minny.

 

Northwestern isn't a bad team. They may be 5-7 but look at their schedule. They lost to top 25 Stanford by 11. Depaul beat them by 1 at Depaul. They played Ohio State to an 11 point game, but it was a lot closer than the score showed. They are not a bad team. They may not be a great team, but they are a solid Big 10 team.

 

As for the game, good job Tubby. 11 wins and counting for Tubby. I am happy to see them winning games like these. Their next 4 games are all going to be tough. I hope they can pull them out :dancingpa

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Northwestern isn't a bad team. They may be 5-7 but look at their schedule. They lost to top 25 Stanford by 11. Depaul beat them by 1 at Depaul. They played Ohio State to an 11 point game, but it was a lot closer than the score showed. They are not a bad team. They may not be a great team, but they are a solid Big 10 team.

 

As for the game, good job Tubby. 11 wins and counting for Tubby. I am happy to see them winning games like these. Their next 4 games are all going to be tough. I hope they can pull them out :dancingpa

 

Northwestern is a bad team...It seems like you really think every team in college football or basketball is not a bad team. Northwestern is a bad team this year plain and simple and will be one of the weakest teams in the Big 10...I wish I could say they were even a decent team, because I love Tubby and that would look better for Tubby. But I cant say that because Northwestern is simply not a good team...

Northwestern is a bad team...It seems like you really think every team in college football or basketball is not a bad team. Northwestern is a bad team this year plain and simple and will be one of the weakest teams in the Big 10...I wish I could say they were even a decent team, because I love Tubby and that would look better for Tubby. But I cant say that because Northwestern is simply not a good team...

 

I'm not saying they are amazing or anything, but they are not horrible. I don't think every team in college sports are good teams. I know a lot, a whole lot, of teams who are bad. I know Northwestern isn't 10-0 or anything, but they don't suck. Of their 7 L's, those 7 teams have a combined record of 59-26. It's hard to do good against good teams like that. They are a pretty decent team man, come on. I know they may not be amazing, but they don't suck...

  • Author
^ They are horrible.

 

If you want to make another bet HT, I have an avatar for you. :lol:

12oz_northwestern.jpg

  • Author
^ Nothing came up?

 

I'm not very good with computers, as my problem showed. :lol:

 

I think it's a snazzy avatar AND it does come with a free Northwestern shotglass. I think it's a good deal.

Miller and Liggins isn't going to make this team look that much better for next year.You're replacing two freshmen for two seniors.Not looking good for the near future.From what I've read they're in the running for only 2 or 3 of the top recruits for 09 so there's no way this team looks like NC in two years.

 

There are two scholarship's still available for next year and UK is after 5 recruits at this point. The recruits are all 4 or 5 star. On Rivals, UK is after 16 of the top 100 Juniors. 4 five star and 12 four star recruits. Depending on any transfers , this could be a good class also. As far as next year, I feel the chemistry will be better as I don't think Billy G. will have anybody resisiting him. If he does, I think they will transfer out at the end of this season. I will stand by my opinion that the team could look like this year's UNC team in two years.

There are two scholarship's still available for next year and UK is after 5 recruits at this point. The recruits are all 4 or 5 star. On Rivals, UK is after 16 of the top 100 Juniors. 4 five star and 12 four star recruits. Depending on any transfers , this could be a good class also. As far as next year, I feel the chemistry will be better as I don't think Billy G. will have anybody resisiting him. If he does, I think they will transfer out at the end of this season. I will stand by my opinion that the team could look like this year's UNC team in two years.

 

How do you see that? They won't have any players like a Hansbroug, NO players like a Lawson, and deff. NO players like Ellington...

How do you see that? They won't have any players like a Hansbroug, NO players like a Lawson, and deff. NO players like Ellington...

 

If Patterson is still here as a Junior, there is one answer because he put up a double double on Mr. Hansbrough this year. We will see about the point and the 2 guard. Meeks could be that type of player at the 2 guard. The key word is could have that type of roster. We will see what recruiting brings in, also.

If Patterson is still here as a Junior, there is one answer because he put up a double double on Mr. Hansbrough this year. We will see about the point and the 2 guard. Meeks could be that type of player at the 2 guard. The key word is could have that type of roster. We will see what recruiting brings in, also.

 

If you think this team could look like UNC in two years. Then you must be expecting us to bring in alot of five star players in the 2009 recruiting class...

If you think this team could look like UNC in two years. Then you must be expecting us to bring in alot of five star players in the 2009 recruiting class...

 

Two places available next year. I didn't say expecting it. I said could happen. Depending on the scholarships, there could be a whole class of five stars. Probably, a mixture of 4's and 5's.

One thing some of you may be forgetting. Patterson is a five star, Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson are all high 4 stars, and Stewart in one recruiting service was a 4 star. Those five plus 4-6 more players, who I would guess, would be 4 or 5 star players, would make the roster comparable to this year's UNC. That is what I am getting at.

One thing some of you may be forgetting. Patterson is a five star, Meeks, Jasper, and Stevenson are all high 4 stars, and Stewart in one recruiting service was a 4 star. Those five plus 4-6 more players, who I would guess, would be 4 or 5 star players, would make the roster comparable to this year's UNC. That is what I am getting at.

 

You bring up some good points then. So I guess you must not be really happy with Billy G right now then. Because as you just pointed out there is talent on this team, and you weren't even counting the 5 star Crawford and Bradley as well...

 

Next years class though at this point is not looking like it will be much except for the two big names in Liggins and Miller...

You bring up some good points then. So I guess you must not be really happy with Billy G right now then. Because as you just pointed out there is talent on this team, and you weren't even counting the 5 star Crawford and Bradley as well...

 

Next years class though at this point is not looking like it will be much except for the two big names in Liggins and Miller...

 

I am fine with Billy G. There is some talent, just not enough. Also, he has met some resistance from some of the players as Jimmy Dykes and Jay Bilas have pointed out. The injuries have exposed our lack of quality depth.

Also, something Billy Packer pointed out last week. UK has 5 or 6 players who are top 10 quality. By that, he meant who are good enough to play on a top ten team. By comparison, he said UL had 11 players of that quality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.