Fairview Job

born2reign

I'm no expert on Nathan's background other than I know he was a 4 year starting lineman at Marshall University (when they were still good) who would probably be playing on Sundays right now had a nagging back injury not forced him to give up that dream. He has been an assistant for a few years and my guess is he is at least as qualified, if not more so, to take over as a head coach than many. A lot of young coaches get a chance at a head coaching position with less knowledge and experience than he has as a coach and they have never performed at the level he did at the D1 level. Plus, I am sure he will surround himself with an experienced staff. I see nothing wrong with this choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Coach Cooksey is a great man. He will be well remembered by the Paris staff as a good coach and better person. I speak for the staff by saying that we wish Nathan McPeek the best with the Fairview program. I love being a part of our fine district and believe that McPeek will do a wonderful job making Fairview a competitor. :thumb:

Any word on this coaching job? I know McPeek is the interim haven't heard much out of Westwood?

I think you already know who's getting the job. You seem to be a big supporter of the Eagles and Coach McPeek based on your previous posts so surely you've heard something. I don't believe anyone else is in the running and it's a done deal. Heard a few new players have already enrolled since christmas break to play for the Eagles this fall.

I think you already know who's getting the job. You seem to be a big supporter of the Eagles and Coach McPeek based on your previous posts so surely you've heard something. I don't believe anyone else is in the running and it's a done deal. Heard a few new players have already enrolled since christmas break to play for the Eagles this fall.

Is there some more home cooking going on here to. Where did the new players come from.:sssh:

• 2 weeks later...
How old is Nathan McPeek? What is his coaching background besides Boyd County? What did he coach when he was there? Why would he make a good coach at Fairview?

Just wanted to get an idea of who this guy is and what kind of contribution he can make there if he is named head coach.

Gary will help Nate out quite a bit. Nate should do okay. I look to see the fairview program to definitely be a team to be reckoned with for seasons to come.