Fairview Job

born2reign

Regardless what has happened I wish the Fairview Eagles nothing but success. I have heard nothing but good things about Nathan McPeek and he obviously knows the game. I am not going to get into a big argument about the whole thing but that's old news about Coach Tackett so we don't need to discuss that. He is at Ashland happy and life goes on. Good luck to Coach Nathan McPeek and the rest of the players at Fairview. Raceland and LCA will both be loaded next season but I am sure the Eagles will compete hard. Happy New Year everybody.

I talked to Rex Cooksey yesterday at the AIT and he told me that it was just his time to go. I think Gary Mcpeek took over the head coaching job but I may be wrong. I believe Gary is the AD there as well...
Gary is the principal at the school Cooksey is the AD there. Nathan McPeek looks to be the head guy, but it's not official.....but it is;).

Side Note: I agree with Ram (even though he posts isn't on here anymore).

Side Note: I agree with Ram (even though he posts isn't on here anymore).

Thanks Ghost. My previous posts were removed at my request. I felt as if I did not state some of those things properly, and they were, possible, abrasive to some innocent people.

Ram must have been right on target and touched some nerves to have his posts deleted.

I stand by the facts of my statements, but I just felt as if it was derogatory to some of the people, mainly the players and sons of the coaches and administrators.

I wish Fairview the best and hope that they have a great season.

The way I understand it Cooksey stepped down. I know it must be pretty tough to be both head football and basketball coach. He should be commended for taking over a week before practice started and giving the effort he gave for those kids. Make no mistake, it was about those kids. Garry McPeek is the principal and will not be the head coach. Rex is the AD. I believe Nathan McPeek has been named interim head coach until a permanent coach is hired. If Nate is chosen, they've made a wise hire. He is a good one. Fairview will compete and continue to play hard. The district is loaded but every game must played one game at a time no matter what team you are talking about. I'm sure the coaches will continue to build on the legacy left by the former players and coaches. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming season and I personally look forward to some great games out of this district.

Cooksey steps aside

McPeek tabbed interim coach with recommendation

By ROCKY STANLEY -- The Independent

WESTWOOD —

WESTWOOD Rex Cooksey answered the call when Fairview needed a football coach late last summer.

Now, he’s stepping aside after his shortest of three stints guiding the Eagles’ football program.

“I felt like it was the right time,’’ Cooksey said of his recent resignation.

He guided the Eagles to a 6-5 record and Class A playoff appearance last season.

The rest of the story can be seen at...

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_363161520.html

Cooksey steps aside

McPeek tabbed interim coach with recommendation

By ROCKY STANLEY -- The Independent

WESTWOOD —

WESTWOOD Rex Cooksey answered the call when Fairview needed a football coach late last summer.

Now, he’s stepping aside after his shortest of three stints guiding the Eagles’ football program.

“I felt like it was the right time,’’ Cooksey said of his recent resignation.

He guided the Eagles to a 6-5 record and Class A playoff appearance last season.

The rest of the story can be seen at...

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localsports/local_story_363161520.html

Cooksey seems like a good person and coach. I hope he continues to be a part of Fairview football in some capacity. Good luck coach and good luck to the new coach and team. :D

I believe he is 26 or 27 years old and was the offensive coordinator/offensive line coach at Boyd Co. He played at Russell under Coach McGlone I think and obviously many people in the Tri-State area know he played for Marshall and had a great career. He is a very good guy from what I have seen/read. I am sure the community will embrace him and I wish nothing but success to the coaches and students at Fairview.