Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All District Teams

Featured Replies

When will the All District and All State Teams for Kentucky High Schools Football Teams be posted and how are these teams picked?

The District teams were in the paper today. Will Stein, who may win Mr. Football, wasn't even all district. Wonder what happened there?

^ I love how screwed up the distric voting is....it is something that our public bretherin can boycott us for...I say who cares.

Better than the voting is that Beechwood won the state championship and did not win the conference, Dayton did??????

anyone have a link?

 

Courier Journal Newspaper, Sunday, December 16, 2007 edition, inside back page, lower left hand corner.

 

Here is the Link to their web edition of the same:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/...43/1002/SPORTS

It only shows first team selections; not Honorable Mentions. I would think there is a complete list somewhere?

 

I don't know how this is selection process is conducted, but there seems to be a lot of names missing from the list.

The District teams were in the paper today. Will Stein, who may win Mr. Football, wasn't even all district. Wonder what happened there?

 

CR- I don't have an answer for you, but I can offer my opinion. I don't think that you can go wrong with Will or Steven Ferguson(1st team). Their styles of play are apples and oranges. According to KHSAA stats Ferguson had 12 rushing TDs, 14 passing TDs. He amassed nearly 1100yds rushing and 1200yds passing. Many see him as a D1 player.

Will had a great year and is deserving of 1st team honors. His stats were crazy good. The only negative(if you can call it that) is he is considered by some as a "program" guy. I don't necessarily share this opinion, just what I hear from some coaches.

^ I love how screwed up the distric voting is....it is something that our public bretherin can boycott us for...I say who cares.

 

I got a good laugh at the posting in the paper. It is unfortunate for Stein, but I agree, not worth much.

CR- I don't have an answer for you, but I can offer my opinion. I don't think that you can go wrong with Will or Steven Ferguson(1st team). Their styles of play are apples and oranges. According to KHSAA stats Ferguson had 12 rushing TDs, 14 passing TDs. He amassed nearly 1100yds rushing and 1200yds passing. Many see him as a D1 player.

Will had a great year and is deserving of 1st team honors. His stats were crazy good. The only negative(if you can call it that) is he is considered by some as a "program" guy. I don't necessarily share this opinion, just what I hear from some coaches.

 

Isn't every quarterback a system guy?

 

To be fair to Ferguson I'll just copmpare stats through 11 games.

 

So Ferguson had 26 tds and roughly 2300 total yards in 11 games.

 

Stein had 37 tds and roughly 2700 passing yards in 11 games.

He had a 72% completion percentage and only threw 4 ints. I do not know his rushing statistics.

Where are the rest of the districts? Not all of them were in the journal.

Where are the rest of the districts? Not all of them were in the journal.

 

Contact your local paper.

BTW-Stein was named District player of the year at the state level. I guess that he got his just desserts. Ironically, the voting process for all-district and disrict player of the year is the same(same coaches). Rumored that Seneca may not have voted at the state level.

BTW-Stein was named District player of the year at the state level. I guess that he got his just desserts. Ironically, the voting process for all-district and disrict player of the year is the same(same coaches). Rumored that Seneca may not have voted at the state level.

 

Were did you see that?

William Stein was named the District Player of the Year by the Kentucky Football Coaches Association and was honored at halftime of the 6A State Championship game with the other District players of the year. I am sure William was very honored by the individual recognition but regards the 6A State Championship as his greatest achievement in his athletic career to date.

I checked the local paper and found nothing. Does anyone have the names for the Harrison, Bourbon, Franklin and Pendleton Co. district?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.