Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lewis Co. 66 Bracken Co. 52

Featured Replies

  • Author
Thought maybe Coach Fite would get his first win tonight.

 

Any stats?

 

Not official stats. Scoring was pretty even for Lewis Co. Witten and Smith probably had double figures but not sure if anybody else did. 11 (name?) shot the 3 ball pretty well and I'm guessing somewhere around 15. Both teams turned the ball over a lot and Lewis Co. probably out-rebounded Bracken. Sorry, these stats arent to detailed, but it gives you a little idea. And Coach Fite would have love to beat his high school but Brackens gonna have trouble beating teams. Give Lewis Co. a little bit of credit.

Not taking any credit from Lewis Co.

I just thought the players would be a little more pumped up for this game because it was Coach Fite's old school. I thought they would play harder to get him a win against his old school.

 

Believe me not taking anything from anyone!

  • Author
Not taking any credit from Lewis Co.

I just thought the players would be a little more pumped up for this game because it was Coach Fite's old school. I thought they would play harder to get him a win against his old school.

 

Believe me not taking anything from anyone!

 

Ok. Bracken Co. played very hard and caused some trouble with there press. There struggle rebounding the ball would probably be there biggest problem and they dont shoot the ball well enough to make up for it. Lewis Co. is not a big team by any means and has there own trouble rebounding the ball.

Ok. Bracken Co. played very hard and caused some trouble with there press. There struggle rebounding the ball would probably be there biggest problem and they dont shoot the ball well enough to make up for it. Lewis Co. is not a big team by any means and has there own trouble rebounding the ball.

 

 

Thanks for all of the info.. I appreciate it!

  • Author
Thanks for all of the info.. I appreciate it!

 

Not to many people on here like to show these teams love. These teams fall of the map unless playing a bigger program.

I thought Coach Fite might get his first win as well. Congrats to the Lions!

Thought this game would of been a little closer but congrats to Lewis Co on the win!

Final score could have been a larger margin, but Coach Hampton played entire bench last 2-3 minutes of game. 1st half was very ugly by both teams (25-23 Lewis), Lewis played better 2nd half and was able to make some shots and wore down Bracken as Lewis pulled away and was up as many as 25 mid way thru 4th quarter. Bracken will get better, they play several young guys and Coach Fite will be patient with them. Good luck to both teams.

Did coach Fite play at Lewis? I know he coached the girls program there a couple two years. I thought he played at Tollesboro High School and Mason County?

 

But he is from Lewis County. Jay really knows his basketball, and i wish him nothing but the best.

Did coach Fite play at Lewis? I know he coached the girls program there a couple two years. I thought he played at Tollesboro High School and Mason County?

 

But he is from Lewis County. Jay really knows his basketball, and i wish him nothing but the best.

 

Doesn't his kids go to Lewis County's elementary school? He did not play at Lewis,but was a standout at Tollesboro. Was one of the first,in what has become a long line of transfers to Mason County. Don't remember his game being what is was at Tollesboro before going to Mason.

Last I talked to him, his kid and little brother were playing in Lewis system, he played on some good teams at Tollesboro and transferred before his senior season, never playing for Lewis County High School, but was head girls varisty coach and assistant boys coach under current coach Joe Hampton.

  • Author

He has a young daughter and I'm not sure shes old enough to be playing organized basketball or where shes going to school but his brother is in the 6th grade at Lewis Co. Middle School starting for the 7th grade ball team. Jay is a great guy. I never played for him but I know him well and think highly of him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.