Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands 2008

Featured Replies

We lose a lot of good players, but I think we have the talent to fully reload in 08. What do people think? I see us having a really good shot of capturing No. 18 in 08. With Cecil gone and Guidugli (or Bardo) taking his spot, we could be passing the ball more. Then again, with Conner, Head and Crawford running the ball, if Turner can again work his magic with the O line, we should also have a very good running game.

 

On D, with Rosenhagen, Laber, Brown and Frank returning on the D line, with Roller, Newman and Alford at the lbers, and with Collinsworth, Head, (Conner?), other Rosenhagen, Buten filling the db positions, we should have a solid D again next year.

 

As always, we are going to have to have some of the kids that did so well in JV really step it up next year, but I'm pretty confident that such will happen.

I think as always the Birds reload. Coach Turner has done an amazing job over the years continually putting a top notch O-Line on the field. Hopefully the incoming seniors take a cue from the departing class. One thing always pointed to on championship teams is senior leadership. Go Birds!

I think the Birds will be very strong next season and I think Roller, Collinsworth,Conner may earn pre-season All State honors. Brandon Roller had a heckuva season as a sophomore. He laid the wood many times and I thought he did a great job in short yardage situations where he was in at Fullback. Collinsworth had a great year covering the state's best receivers and I look for him to possibly get some looks at receiver/running back next year. Josh Conner, what can you say about this kid. He is a pure RB and will hopefully surpass what he has done this year.

 

The key will be the OL IMO. The DL has some returners and some nice young kids coming up. I know Scott Turner can work them very hard and turn them into men so not so much worried about them but just figuring it to be the biggest issue for the Birds.

 

LN, maybe you can enlighten us on some of the kids that will be fighting for spots on that line.

I think the Birds will be very strong next season and I think Roller, Collinsworth,Conner may earn pre-season All State honors. Brandon Roller had a heckuva season as a sophomore. He laid the wood many times and I thought he did a great job in short yardage situations where he was in at Fullback. Collinsworth had a great year covering the state's best receivers and I look for him to possibly get some looks at receiver/running back next year. Josh Conner, what can you say about this kid. He is a pure RB and will hopefully surpass what he has done this year.

 

The key will be the OL IMO. The DL has some returners and some nice young kids coming up. I know Scott Turner can work them very hard and turn them into men so not so much worried about them but just figuring it to be the biggest issue for the Birds.

 

 

LN, maybe you can enlighten us on some of the kids that will be fighting for spots on that line.

 

Per LN, that was the biggest issue coming into this year don't forget. Only returning starter was Hempfling and other than Dowling starting the DeSales game, was the only other lineman with any playing time as an O lineman. I know Luke played TE, but its a completely different ball game playing Tackle than it is playing TE at Highlands. So, Turner worked his magic this year and I'm sure he'll do it again next year.

 

Players in the hunt will be, of course Dempsey since he started this year and is the only starter returning. The question is whether they'll keep him at tackle or move him to center. That question will probably be answered by how well the jv center, Combs, continues to improve. If he can do the job, then Dempsey stays at tackle. Other players in the hunt will be Cody Rosenhagen, Bardgett, Klingenberg, Schlosser, Brown, Frank, Dierig, Beck and Grubbs.

I'm thinking the Birds just reload and point the executive charters toward Louisville once again next season.

The qb situation should be interesting.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.