Powell Co @ Lee Co - Dec. 11 predictions??

ARC

Based on Lee's start, that is a very optomistic spread for the Bobcats. I say Powell takes this one by 10.

I've saw them both play, can't see how Powell can match up inside or out. Lee's loss to Buckhorn at Buckhorn's opener and to an athletic Woodford Co team, those were tough games. Estill has also proven to be a decent team and Lee was within a point in the last minute or so at Estill. In other words, Lee's 3 losses weren't necessarily bad ones for such a young team.

Yep, I'm optomistic about this team!

I've saw them both play, can't see how Powell can match up inside or out. Lee's loss to Buckhorn at Buckhorn's opener and to an athletic Woodford Co team, those were tough games. Estill has also proven to be a decent team and Lee was within a point in the last minute or so at Estill. In other words, Lee's 3 losses weren't necessarily bad ones for such a young team.

Yep, I'm optomistic about this team!

I agree with your assessment of their losses, ARC but they are still losses. Powell is undefeated thus far.

I know the Pirates lost a ton of players from last year's squad, but Lee lost a lot of experience as well. Lee looked bad in the Estill game until late. I haven't seen Powell's team yet this year, so I cant honestly say I know them to be better.

It will be a very big game for both teams as The Bobcats need it to keep from slipping back to the tail of the district, while The Pirates will be getting their first shot at a district rival this year. I am still putting my money on the Pirates though nothing would surprise me in this game.

I agree with your assessment of their losses, ARC but they are still losses. Powell is undefeated thus far.

I know the Pirates lost a ton of players from last year's squad, but Lee lost a lot of experience as well. Lee looked bad in the Estill game until late. I haven't seen Powell's team yet this year, so I cant honestly say I know them to be better.

It will be a very big game for both teams as The Bobcats need it to keep from slipping back to the tail of the district, while The Pirates will be getting their first shot at a district rival this year. I am still putting my money on the Pirates though nothing would surprise me in this game.

I agree with you. Jackson City came into Beattyville 3/0 against 0/3 Lee. Lee may not have looked good in the Estill game, but were still within one point near the end and only lost by 4.

Lee looked better against JC, but still missed a bunch of easy ones in the paint and still need to improve in a lot of areas.

I agree with you. Jackson City came into Beattyville 3/0 against 0/3 Lee. Lee may not have looked good in the Estill game, but were still within one point near the end and only lost by 4.

Lee looked better against JC, but still missed a bunch of easy ones in the paint and still need to improve in a lot of areas.

Every team is trying to get their footing right now, Lee will find theirs soon. Does Powell have any strengths or weaknesses worth mentioning? I know the loss of so much experience is a huge weakness - but beyond that, I don't know a great deal about their team.

Every team is trying to get their footing right now, Lee will find theirs soon. Does Powell have any strengths or weaknesses worth mentioning? I know the loss of so much experience is a huge weakness - but beyond that, I don't know a great deal about their team.

I've watched Powell once this year. They are guard oriented, but don't look as strong or experienced as Estill. Kinser is their lone returning starter (I think) and leads them in scoring from the point or 2G position. Big Romans is gone and his absence is very noticable.

Powell bet SF by 25 on a neutral floor Dec 8

JC beat SF by 23 at SF on Nov 27

Lee beat JC by 19 at Lee on Dec 7.

Powell is 3/0, Lee is 1/3 but the strength of their opponents has been different.

If Powell has some inside strength then it has been added since I saw them play against Magoffin Co on Dec 1.