March 26, 200422 yr Hi everyone. My name is Drew and after reading these boards for a few months I finally decided to join BGP. I love the site and I love higshchool sports, mainly basketball. I am from Richmond and I am going to be a Senior forward for Model next season. My roots are in Ashland, Kentucky and my parents both graduated from Blazer in 79 so if you are from Ashland (like a LOT of people on BGP seem to be) talk to me and we'll see what kind of common grounds we have. Here's to a great year! DREW
March 26, 200422 yr drew0422, Welcome aboard! Since you have Ashland roots I have just one question for you, do you think there should be separate playoffs for private schools?
March 26, 200422 yr Welcome drew. You wouldn't happen to be on the track team would you? There is a lot of Model students in the weight room when I go lift. I think it is so cool how EKU lets you all use there facilities. What about home games, do you all get to use McBrayer?
March 26, 200422 yr Author theguru: As a fan and as a highschool athlete I still don't think that there should be a seperate playoff for private schools. Small private schools get their shot at the All "A" Classic and you see big private schools seem to have the same opprotunities as everyone else. As people have said before that is one of the great things about KY highschool basketball becuase every team has a chance. I can say as a player for a small school (200 students) that playing in the district championship against Madison Central or the Region tournament against Tates Creek felt just as good as playing in the Sweet 16 would have for a big school like PRP or Warren Central. On the topic of Rose Hill, that was just a crazy situation, where the coach went and found all those kids through AAU ball and stuff and brought them in. I dont see that happening too much, but if it did, then would be the time to start enforcing rules to keep that from happening. Mongoose: No, im definately not on the track team, but we do get to use the weight room for our gym classes and other stuff. We dont use Mcbrayer Arena except for a few practices a year, and we play the 44th District tournament at AC too. We have our own gym at Model for home games.
March 27, 200422 yr Originally posted by drew0422 Mongoose: No, im definately not on the track team I'd consider it, they have some pretty ladies.
March 27, 200422 yr drew0422, Welcome to the site. Always glad to see a fellow Richmond-nite join! :thumb:
March 27, 200422 yr Author Yea nWo I read your stuff on here all the time, I dont think i would know you if I saw you but I know your son's/nephews im not sure which ones are which but ive umpired with cory. Im looking forward to a fun year of posting on here.
March 27, 200422 yr Originally posted by drew0422 Yea nWo I read your stuff on here all the time, I dont think i would know you if I saw you but I know your son's/nephews im not sure which ones are which but ive umpired with cory. Im looking forward to a fun year of posting on here. Corey is my eldest son. Steven is my nephew and Chris is my youngest son. I know Andrew Luxon and Justin Harvey quite well. Also my brother-in-law is the girls coach at Model. I'll be attending some of your games next season so we will get to meet. Do you play baseball at Model?
March 27, 200422 yr Author No, I dont. I played on the HS team in 8th grade, but every year since I've thought about playing and just decided not to. Between basketball and umpiring and trying to lift for next year I just couldn't do it all.
March 27, 200422 yr Author I just realized that I made a mistake. If it means anything to anyone, my parents graduated from Ashland in 1975, not 79.
March 27, 200422 yr Originally posted by drew0422 I just realized that I made a mistake. If it means anything to anyone, my parents graduated from Ashland in 1975, not 79. I'm sure it would to your parents, since it makes them look older:lol: :lol: :lol: I guess no soup for you my friend, I'd left it on there the way it was.:lol: :lol: :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.