Franklin Co vs GRC

Franklin co travels to GRC tonight Nov 27 to kick off the Basketball season.

They have 6-2 Jr. Barrett Meyer only returning returning starter, and

6-7 Jr. Andy Donovan (transfer from Lexington Catholic),

The Cards have returning, Evan Bennett, Robert Hatton, Robby Stenzel and a lot of new Freshman.

How will these two teams match up?

Number 2 in the 10th Region should be the favorite here against #11 in the 11th. Actually Meyer only started a few games near the end of the season and probably averaged less than 16 minutes per game. Deron Hicks is the returner that started consistently. He may not be at full speed coming off a knee sprain in football. Basically an inexperienced team at the varsity level.

GRC on the other hand has Hatton and Stenzel, that have much more experience as key players that helped in GRC's run to the Sweet 16 last season.

GRC should win handily.

Number 2 in the 10th Region should be the favorite here against #11 in the 11th. Actually Meyer only started a few games near the end of the season and probably averaged less than 16 minutes per game. Deron Hicks is the returner that started consistently. He may not be at full speed coming off a knee sprain in football. Basically an inexperienced team at the varsity level.

GRC on the other hand has Hatton and Stenzel, that have much more experience as key players that helped in GRC's run to the Sweet 16 last season.

GRC should win handily.

What could hurt the Cards early this year is post play. Hard to replace Tristian Jones. This is where our new Freshman will come into play. We have 3 players all over 6'4 but with no high school experience.

On a side note , I talked to Tristian at the girls game last night. He is having surgery on his hand again...this is his 3rd surgery for a iinjury he recieved during football last year, which sidelined him most of the season last year. He is redshirting at Western this year.

What could hurt the Cards early this year is post play. Hard to replace Tristian Jones. This is where our new Freshman will come into play. We have 3 players all over 6'4 but with no high school experience.

On a side note , I talked to Tristian at the girls game last night. He is having surgery on his hand again...this is his 3rd surgery for a iinjury he recieved during football last year, which sidelined him most of the season last year. He is redshirting at Western this year.

It's great that High School Basketball is here again. Should be another fun year.

Jones was alot of fun to watch last year. He was an absolute workhorse. Hope he recovers and has a successful football career at Western.

GRC should win handily.

I'm sure Franklin Co has as much if not more varsity experience than Clark Co from the boys returning this year.

Clark will be a team to be reckoned with this year. I saw the team picture and they had more size than I thought they would. Hope by the end of the season some of the freshman and sophmores can contribute. With the addition of Ryan williams , who is super fast and an amazing ball handler, the Cardinals will be tougher than most thought. Ryan Blair is an amazing athelete who will be awesome with some skills help.

I know GRC scouted FCHS in their scrimmage at Anderson. Any idea as to their strategy?

Clark will be a team to be reckoned with this year. I saw the team picture and they had more size than I thought they would. Hope by the end of the season some of the freshman and sophmores can contribute. With the addition of Ryan williams , who is super fast and an amazing ball handler, the Cardinals will be tougher than most thought. Ryan Blair is an amazing athelete who will be awesome with some skills help.

Ryan Williams will help out alot this year. Ryan Blair is very athletic...he proved that on the soccer field. Also from the soccer team is All Stater Arron Dinni , really like his defense. Watch out also for Richard Burton...he is a beast. Then with the 5 Freshman we have....should be an exciting year.

Excited about seeing the Cards kick off the new season tonight.:ylsuper:

Go CARDS

Sounds like Franklin Co. is in for a pretty tough night considering they lack athleticism as well as skills.

What about the transfer from Catholic...he should help alot. As I said eariler the post and rebounding may be a weak spot for the Cards at the beginning of the season.