Rockcastle Co. 14 Knox Co. Central 0 (4A)

TomLandry

TOTAL YARDS:

Rock: 55-171 yards

KC: 33-37 yards

RUSHING YARDS:

Rock: 46-162 yards

KC: 24-26 yards

PASSING YARDS:

Rock: 1-5 for 9 yards

KC: 3-9-2 for 11 yards

FIRST DOWNS:

Rock: 10

KC: 3

PENALTIES:

Rock: 6-65 yards

KC: 13-108 yards

TOP:

Rock: 27:36

KC: 20:24

In the 2nd half KC had 2 of 8 plays that gained positive yards. Good news is that Rock's youth has started coming around, there are a lot of 10th and 11th graders contributing in a big way on both side of the ball. Casey Hayes had 22 carries for 102 yards and 2 TD's. Cody Mize had 7 carries for 33 yards. Rock has been winning the special teams game the past couple of weeks even in some of the losses, Rock has been getting great field position with their new kicker(s). Even though they were 0-2 on FG's it is a step in the right direction after not even having a kicker. This win allowed Rock to claim either the District Championship or District Runner-Up for the past consecutive 17 years.

Rockcastle County vs. Knox Central

All Time Series:

Rockcastle County 18 wins

Knox Central 6 wins

Rock 52

Knox 54 Double OT

Rock 6

Knox 8

Rock 13

Knox 12

Rock 6

Knox 30

Rock 6

Knox 20

Rock 18

Knox 13

Rock 8

Knox 0

Rock 20

Knox 46

Rock 28

Knox 14

Rock 8

Knox 6

Rock 34

Knox 28

Rock 22

Knox 6

Rock 8

Knox 6

Rock 42

Knox 0

Rock 55

Knox 0

Rock 42

Knox 0

Rock 60

Knox 0

Rock 49

Knox 0

Rock 55

Knox 6

Rock 44

Knox 0

Rock 35

Knox 14

Rock 22

Knox 7

2007:

Rock 0

Knox 15

2007: Part II

Rock 14

Knox 0

Total Points:

Rock 647 points

Knox 285 points

Average Score Per Game:

Rockcastle County 26

Knox Central 11

Total Shutouts:

Rock has shutout Knox 8 times.

Knox has 1 shutout against Rock.

13 first downs combined WOW! I knew both teams had offensive whoas but dang....

Both defenses were really tough, there was some hard hitting going on. I know Rock's defense was in the KC backfield all night laying some wood on the Panthers RB's.

Both defenses were really tough, there was some hard hitting going on. I know Rock's defense was in the KC backfield all night laying some wood on the Panthers RB's.

Dang Knox with the penalty yards no wonder they could not score. Sounds like some pretty good defense but miserable offense. :creepy::creepy:

Dang Knox with the penalty yards no wonder they could not score. Sounds like some pretty good defense but miserable offense. :creepy::creepy:

In the first quarter Knox had at LEAST 3 false starts. I would like to credit that to our spirit section, but we were on the other side of the stands :D Seriously though, Knox Central WILL be back next season. They are coached too well to lay down. Trip to Bell County next week, I hope this season turns out like 2005 did :D I think some Bell faithful remember that.

Also, on a side note, for anyone that knows Coach Hilton ask him what he thought about me showing him the Rockcastle offensive playbook :sssh::lol::lol::lol:

I hope this season turns out like 2005 did :D I think some Bell faithful remember that.

QUOTE]

There were several of the Bell Seniors that started as Freshmen on that team. Believe me....they have not forgotten! They have wanted to avenge that loss for two years. Sweet revenge it will be on Log Mountain if the Bobcats bring their A-game. Rockcastle is always a worthy opponent, and the Bell/Rock games are a fans delight. This year's Bell team is special, however. They have a potent offense; strong defense; and special teams play rivaled by few teams of any class in the state. They have a lot of depth. How many teams have a backup who can step in at QB and a team of Bell's caliber not miss a step. Nelson will return this week. He was the QB of the 2005 playoff team. If they play the way they have been playing the last few weeks.....Bell won't be the gracious hosts that they were the last time we hosted Rock in the playoffs. It will be a great night of Mountain High School Football!

I hope this season turns out like 2005 did :D I think some Bell faithful remember that.

QUOTE]

There were several of the Bell Seniors that started as Freshmen on that team. Believe me....they have not forgotten! They have wanted to avenge that loss for two years. Sweet revenge it will be on Log Mountain if the Bobcats bring their A-game. Rockcastle is always a worthy opponent, and the Bell/Rock games are a fans delight. This year's Bell team is special, however. They have a potent offense; strong defense; and special teams play rivaled by few teams of any class in the state. They have a lot of depth. How many teams have a backup who can step in at QB and a team of Bell's caliber not miss a step. Nelson will return this week. He was the QB of the 2005 playoff team. If they play the way they have been playing the last few weeks.....Bell won't be the gracious hosts that they were the last time we hosted Rock in the playoffs. It will be a great night of Mountain High School Football!

Well said, Rockcastle will have to bring their A-game.

3Wishes, will any of the injured Rockets be back for this game?