Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bell Co. 49 Leslie Co. 0

Featured Replies

Nice win for Bobcats, heard nothing but praise from the Leslie announcers. Merrick tried a 60 yard field goal on 1st & 10 late in the game

Sorry but that is classless.

Let's keep in mind, Rule #13....

13. Within reason, you must use correct capitalization, punctuation, and grammar when posting on the forums.
Sorry but that is classless.

 

What do you prefer them to score a another TD? They kicked it on 1st or 2nd down the way I was told.

Sorry but that is classless.

 

Bell could have scored 100 points tonight. The second half was JV and mostly Freshman. Coach Hilton expressed his gratitude that Leslie would schedule Bell in their region...when others such as Middlesboro and Corbin would no longer play Bell. He pulled starters early on. Coach Hilton only gave the kicker a shot at the state record. He had hit several from 58 in warmups which would tie record. Ball was punted to Bell....it was downed at the spot for a 60 yd. kick. Merrick hit a 56 yarder against Rockcastle.....but he had had numerous pat's and 8 kickoffs. ..looked like caught some turf on his swing (sounds like my driver!)..the kick gave the ball right back to Leslie on the twenty for their guys to have another opportunity to score. Dustin Wynn set the record after a couple of delay of game penalties to back him up in 1997, I believe it has been said. At least this was a real game situation, not contrived. This was called on first down to give the kid a shot and to give ball right back to Leslie if he missed. He did not hit it well and it fell short for a touchback. This was not about showing up Leslie...or scoring. Bell has passed up numerous field goal opportunities in second half of several of these type of games this year. If it appeared classless.....then I'm certain that was never the intent.

Bell freshaman drove the ball down to the one yard line. Coach hilton took 5 straight penalties before he told his freshman quarterback to fumble the ball and not score. He said he didn't want to go down on a knee on the one yard line with over 4 minutes to go in the game and he wasn't going to score on them again. He said he thought that would be more embarrasing to lesie,than trying to score again. so he told his kids to line up offsides and then told them to fumble and not score. I wouldn't call that classes, I would say that he was thinking of the Leslie County kids. I personally have never heard of anyone doing that and I thought the youngs kids were really stuggling until after the game when I discussed it with Coach Hilton and his staff.

What you said about the intentional lining up offsides and fumbles are all true. Don't be a hater kickboth. Your comment is what is classless. :cry:

I was not at the game, but like Landry said, Bell probably could have scored 100 if they wanted to. That is how much better they are than Leslie. Anywho, way to show class coach Hilton.

 

I predicted 3 wins for this Leslie team before the season started. Right now they are 2-7 with one game remaining against North Laurel at Leslie. NL has not won a game this season so that prediction could very well hold true. Let's hope.

We should play! Corbin would romp!

 

Are you talking about Bell county ? or a one win Leslie ?

Are you talking about Bell county ? or a one win Leslie ?
I think that LOVETHOSERHOUNDS was referring to Bell County. Corbin won against Leslie County by a score of 47 to 0. That game was played under much the same conditions as was described in earlier posts of the Bell/Leslie County game. Corbin also does a excellent job of not scoring when playing a weaker team. For instance, Corbin only scored 47 points against Leslie County but Leslie County won a 47-6 game against Knott County Central and Corbin defeated Knott County Central by a score by 47-8. You can do the math. Corbin has an excellent offense as shown by them scoring 47 points against Lexington Christian, 48 points against Middlesboro and 56 points against Somerset. Yes, Coach Jewel has done a excellent job of score management without embarrassing the competition in the process. Now after saying all this, I can answer your question. Yes, I think LOVETHOSERHOUNDS was referring to Bell County. I for one don't know the reason for Corbin not playing Bell County but I sure that it's not based on fear. Corbin is a good football team and completely capable of playing with Bell County.

Yea, I agree ! Was just being stupid lastnight haha They should play! Both great teams and its good for the schools! but what do I know! I know UK stunk it up lol

We should play! Corbin would romp!

 

Guess we will never know? Thats something you should talk to your coach and/or AD about. :lol:

I for one don't know the reason for Corbin not playing Bell County but I sure that it's not based on fear. Corbin is a good football team and completely capable of playing with Bell County.

 

Coach Jewell has stated that Bell does not respect his football program, sounds like a excuse or fear to me. :flame::flame::flame::flame:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.