Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Has weather affected play this year?

Featured Replies

I think the weather has had an impact on our team at Greenup County. With hardly any rain at all this year, area fields are very hard and dusty, and I attribute this to alot of our injuries, we have had some torn ligaments, and broken bones and sprained ankles, does anyone else see this as a problem this year? I know we are still watering our field with sprinkler system, but still the field is very hard.

While most game playing surfaces are still in good shape, practice fields are dreadful and the dust and hardness sure can't help.

I think towards the beginning of the season the heat affected the play but I don't think the condition of the fields is a huge factor.

I know we are still watering our field with sprinkler system, but still the field is very hard.
If the field is still too hard, It's not being watered enough.

I thought the high humidity for this time year two weeks ago affected our players.

Earlier in the year heat and humidity was an issue because lots of kids were cramping up due to dehydration.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.