Pendelton County vs. Nicholas County

KCUKnight54

Tonight at the end of this game Nicholas County was taking a knee, and the head coach of Pendelton County gave a flagrant signal to his team. When he done so the team lined up across the line and charged after the qb. That qb was stuck under the pile and might have torn his acl and then he would be out for the year. What is the insight on this across the bluegrasspreps.com nation?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, there was three seconds on the clock, and it was second down. Nicholas County took a knee on first down, and then the Pendleton County head coach gave a slit the throat signal and the whole defense lined up on the line of scrimmage. When the ball was snapped the whole defense went for the qb. They piled up on him and his knee was caught in an akward position and it probably tore his acl or mcl.

Ok, there was three seconds on the clock, and it was second down. Nicholas County took a knee on first down, and then the Pendleton County head coach gave a slit the throat signal and the whole defense lined up on the line of scrimmage. When the ball was snapped the whole defense went for the qb. They piled up on him and his knee was caught in an akward position and it probably tore his acl or mcl.

Very unfortunate, sounds unsportsmanlike to me.

Well it was. There was a lot of contreversy after the game between the coaching staffs and the hometown parents. I played at Nicholas County and we never had to line up in the victory formation much, but when we did we never had anything happen like this. The qb is one of my close friends and it upsets me that something like this has to happen.

WOW--That's just very wrong and classless!!!! Surprized to see this out of PC?? I'm sure they were disappointed and expected a win over a 1A school, but this sounds uncalled for. Coach needs to be reprimanded IMO!!

WOW--That's just very wrong and classless!!!! Surprized to see this out of PC?? I'm sure they were disappointed and expected a win over a 1A school, but this sounds uncalled for. Coach needs to be reprimanded IMO!!

I totally agree and sure hope that the AD from PC along with some of the administration was at the game and witnessed it. There is a reason why we only have 18-20 players on the field, maybe now the "real" reason kids at PC didn't play the game will be seen. I have been a huge supporter of all the PC atheletes and hate to see their reputation tarnished in this way.

To the Nicholas Co QB and team and fans: this PC fan will be praying for you and a speedy recovery.

Questions:

1. What was the score?

2. Where was the ball on the field/what yard line?

3. Was the clock stopped and if so, why?

4. Was a penalty flag thrown?

5. Was it a PC player that hit the NC QB, or was it a NC lineman falling back into the QB?

6. Had the QB already taken the knee, or was he piddling around back there?

I, too, would like to hear the other side of the story, but I can say that there is no rule that you just lay down and accept the other team taking victory formation if there are 3 seconds to win the game. Just like if you can score the winning run and the catcher is standing there holding the ball you try and knock it out of his mitt by slamming into him.

There was no special call given by the head coach. The PC kids were trying to cause a fumble and get a scoop and score. The game isn't over till the clock ticks out, especially when you are down by one score. I am sorry to hear that the quarterback was injured, and I will pray for a speedy recovery.