Sheriff's deputy flips wig, kills six

00Rocket28

I don't think you can narrow this type of heinous action down to one specific thing. I think it was a combination of his youth/immaturity, position of authority and mental instability that caused him to do this.

I can agree

Does anyone else find it odd that Rocket started this thread considering it contains ex-girlfriend issues? I also agree with the age deal for potential officers. Needs to be reformed somehow.

They can't be cops at 20 or 21 but we can see 18 year old high school kids to the front line in Iraq?

SO avg. citizens have a AR-15 in the car? From what I have read he bought using his law enforcement status.

You played a major factor, as the girl was 16-18 and if he couldn't take being called a pig, then he didn't need to be a cop.

I know people who carry AR's or some kind of tactical shotguns in their cars at all time. His was police style, the only difference is it probably was auto. Even if it wasn't auto, he would have done the same exact amount of damage.

SO avg. citizens have a AR-15 in the car? From what I have read he bought using his law enforcement status.

You played a major factor, as the girl was 16-18 and if he couldn't take being called a pig, then he didn't need to be a cop.

I'm going to take for granted you meant to say, Youth played a major factor. Being I was nowhere near the events of that morning. And your answer is Yes. Average citizens do have AR-15's. I agree he shouldn't have been an cop, as you put it. But this has noting to do with the shooting. He would have done the same thing if he were a shoe salesman, or drove a delivery van. He was a nut.

I'm pretty shocked this happened. My Mom is from Laona, WI, which is very near Crandon WI. This is a very unpopulated area. I can't believe this guy was not 21 yrs old, but was a F/T deputy for the county and also a P/T police officer for Crandon. My Uncle and cousin's still live here.

They can't be cops at 20 or 21 but we can see 18 year old high school kids to the front line in Iraq?

I don't know what the age limit is around the NKY Tri-state area is to be a deputy or policeman - I would think 21 years old to carry a gun. Of course I don't own a gun so I have no clue. And I also agree with you - sending an 18 yr old to Iraq? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm going to take for granted you meant to say, Youth played a major factor. Being I was nowhere near the events of that morning. And your answer is Yes. Average citizens do have AR-15's. I agree he shouldn't have been an cop, as you put it. But this has noting to do with the shooting. He would have done the same thing if he were a shoe salesman, or drove a delivery van. He was a nut.

I did mean youth.

I don't know what the age limit is around the NKY Tri-state area is to be a deputy or policeman - I would think 21 years old to carry a gun. Of course I don't own a gun so I have no clue. And I also agree with you - sending an 18 yr old to Iraq? It just doesn't make sense.

Yes 21 is the minimum, and most places in NKY are now requiring prior military experience or atleast 60 college credit hours to become an officer.