Campbell Couny 27 Mason County 7

mhighfield

Have never seen two inadvertent whistle calls cost two TD in a game like last night. If those plays hadn't been blown dead by the refs it would have been 35-0 at halftime. I think the Royals were done at that point. Even though those plays were called back it still established the tone for the game. Camels D definitely put on the big hits last night.

What a display of poor crew work. To remove a score is horrible, to take two is just not acceptable. As to the game, it never really was a game at any time. New qb shows some great potential and the mix in run and pass will make the Camel O come to life going forward.

So Thompson and who else didn't play?

Starting WR/DB Reed missed the game

LB Huron hurt a knee 2 or 3 minutes in on MC's first punt of the game on a block in the back. I haven't heard how he is.

Backup TB Jackson hurt a shoulder in the 1st half.

And did that officiating crew have a spotty first half, or what? The play just before halftime was bizarre. Started with 8 seconds to play, MC runs a hook-and-lateral play up the sideline; play gains 30 yards or so, finally the ball carrier is held up, forward progress stopped; then the ball is stripped and returned for a (possible) TD. No whistle after forward progress stopped (this was a consistent problem esp. in the 1st half - do I blow the whistle or not).

After MUCH discussion, the decision was to give CC the ball at the point where the turnover occurred, and put 6 seconds back on the clock. I've always said that I want to die in Maysville because sometimes time truly does stand still.:D Seriously, it looked to me that the only 2 choices were Mason County ball or Campbell County TD. In any case, the play took more than 2 seconds to run - The Flash couldn't have done all that in two seconds.

CC was just the better team on Friday. Only reason they gained a mere 403 yards was because they had a short field so often; and MC being without several weapons on offense didn't help their cause. As I said earlier, best possible timing for the bye week, then on to Bourbon County.

What a display of poor crew work. To remove a score is horrible, to take two is just not acceptable. As to the game, it never really was a game at any time. New qb shows some great potential and the mix in run and pass will make the Camel O come to life going forward.

I will agree with you on the first one, that should have never been taken off the board. The second one was bad on so many accounts.

First the play went out of bounds and should have ended the half. Second even if Campell County does get the ball there is no way there should have been 6 seconds on the clock. Mason snapped the ball with 8 seconds and ran a pass play that resulted in a completion in 2 seconds?

Very inconsistent with the pass interference calls also. Mason was wistled with one that could have gone either way. On the flip side Brooks for Mason was almost undressed and there was no call.

With all that being said, did any of this determine the outcome of the game? NOT even close. The Camels played physical football and Mason did not react well to it at all. They were very passive. The better team Friday night won hands down.

Are you saying that Russell is the equivalent of Boone County???:confused:

They need to play a whole game like they did for the first half against Boone COunty to beat Russell. Russell could be as good as Boone,wouldn't know unless they played. Both are lots better than Mason County at this point., hence the statement.

They need to play a whole game like they did for the first half against Boone COunty to beat Russell. Russell could be as good as Boone,wouldn't know unless they played. Both are lots better than Mason County at this point., hence the statement.

So if Russell is as good as Boone, and a lot better than Mason County, they should roll over Simon Kenton in 2 weeks. I mean Boone is #7 in 6A and Simon Kenton isn't ranked so Russell should dominate them based on your comment.:lol: