Watertown, TN 10 Mercer County 7

LRCW

Been to all but 1. Listened to the entire last game. Getting stuffed repeatedly on 4th down, would imply that the Greenville coach had the right play at the right time repeatedly. Read into it what you will, I'm simply making an observation. Which doesn't seem to be allowed these days.

I don't have time to go into every little detail.....all I can tell you and others is it's not the play calling or even how things are drawn up to to be blocked, it comes down to better execution (blocking and all of the inritcate technical details that must happen, MAXIMUM EFFORT, holding onto the ball, making a play when it is present, etc.). Period. And guess what?! It will!

Thank you for your support!:thumb:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just be glad when the right offense combination of players gets figured out. What happened to some of those kids who played last week and made a difference? :confused: Good job defense, keep up the good work.:D

Another long road ahead for the TITANS, keep your heads up boys! We believe in you.

I don't have time to go into every little detail.....all I can tell you and others is it's not the play calling or even how things are drawn up to to be blocked, it comes down to better execution (blocking and all of the inritcate technical details that must happen, MAXIMUM EFFORT, holding onto the ball, making a play when it is present, etc.). Period. And guess what?! It will!

Thank you for your support!:thumb:

Actually I understand the intricate technical details pretty well. I also understand that football is the ultimate team sport. Players and coaches are a part of that team. Your comments seem to imply that the fault is ALL with the players. 1)They don't execute, 2)They don't give maximum effort, 3)They don't hold onto the ball, and 4)They can't make plays.

Sorry, I don't buy that. You win as a team and you lose as a team. Everyone shares in the blame and everyone shares in the glory.

Specifics please. Mercer running the ball or more like knowing who is going to run the ball and where?:confused: I didn't make it to the game so I don't know what happended and seems like there aren't too many Titans fans who want to get on here and talk about the game.

We're just not feeling the love maddog. Afraid anything we say can and will be used against us (or our children). I'll plead the 5th :thumb: Not hardly~~~

Mercer Titans Football Players, especially SENIORS - we are behind you 110%.

Go Mercer County Football! Go Titans Team!

Actually I understand the intricate technical details pretty well. I also understand that football is the ultimate team sport. Players and coaches are a part of that team. Your comments seem to imply that the fault is ALL with the players. 1)They don't execute, 2)They don't give maximum effort, 3)They don't hold onto the ball, and 4)They can't make plays.

Sorry, I don't buy that. You win as a team and you lose as a team. Everyone shares in the blame and everyone shares in the glory.

Yeah I like the articles where Jaggers blamed the senior leadership as part of their problem, only 4 seniors start and one of those seniors has never played football before. So I guess we need to teach the other 12 Seniors to step up and LEAD from the sideline? :confused: Leadership starts at the top, it's time for everyone to take a look in the mirror - coaches too!

Yeah I like the articles where Jaggers blamed the senior leadership as part of their problem, only 4 seniors start and one of those seniors has never played football before. So I guess we need to teach the other 12 Seniors to step up and LEAD from the sideline? :confused: Leadership starts at the top, it's time for everyone to take a look in the mirror - coaches too!

I'm not trying to bash the coaches. I just don't like it when I read something that appears to put all the blame on the players. I believe this season can still be resurected. There is talent. Our D is keeping us in every game. We've only allowed 67 points in 6 games. I know we can win our district in the playoffs. I think we have a good shot at at the region. But our coaches and players need to get on the same page on the offensive side in a hurry.

Do you?? Come share that with me sometime.

The only finger pointing I've seen is from your orginal post about the offense being predictable, and with that, you meant the play calling, comming from Marty Jaggers himself.

You completely took those words out of context, flat out. Never was ever said about that the players don't execute, execution just has to be better....also, I don't ever recall anybody, in particular myself in my last post or EVER for that matter saying that plays can't be made (offensively), because they have...see Southwestern.

You obviously didn't take into context how positive I am being comming from the last part of my last post. Things are going to get better. You can mark that down!!

As I have said before....... Thanks for your support and thank you and your family does for our program!:thumb:

Do you?? Come share that with me sometime.

The only finger pointing I've seen is from your orginal post about the offense being predictable, and with that, you meant the play calling, comming from Marty Jaggers himself.

You completely took those words out of context, flat out. Never was ever said about that the players don't execute, execution just has to be better....also, I don't ever recall anybody, in particular myself in my last post or EVER for that matter saying that plays can't be made (offensively), because they have...see Southwestern.

You obviously didn't take into context how positive I am being comming from the last part of my last post. Things are going to get better. You can mark that down!!

My original comment also complimented his defense, and I never said anything personally about Marty, and I never have. I assumed several people have impact on the offensive game plan. However, MAXIMUM EFFORT in all caps sure does seem to point at the players not giving it. You might want to reread the part in parentheses. IMO it sounds pretty negative. Obviously, by your reaction you didn't mean for it to sound negative. But it came across that way to me.

My original comment also complimented his defense. However, MAXIMUM EFFORT in all caps to sure does seem to point at the players not giving it. You might want to reread the part in parentheses. IMO it sounds pretty negative. Obviously, by your reaction you didn't mean for it to sound negative. But it came across that way to me.

I can see where you might have thought that, and I apologize if you took it that way.......but the reason why I put that was because, a lot of high school kids, in all sports, truth be told, don't realize how much more they can give, effort wise, until they get to college and it's too late to go back and change anything that they did in high school.

I have a pretty good idea that you have one in your household that knows exactly what I am talking about....despite a hug LEADER was for Jaggers's teams in 2005 and 2006. His mentality and the way he approached PRACTICE and GAMES we're inspiring too all around him, anybody will tell you that. At the sametime, I'm sure that when he got to fall camp this year in college, despite how HARD he went in HS, realized how much more he could give. But, that's just one of those things, for the most part, that you don't really learn until you experience it....one of those life lessons, unfortunately.......I found out the samething, sameway.

In his 26 years coaching at Covington Holmes, LaRue County, E-town, Lincoln County, Danville and Mercer County NEVER has he ever BLAMED a kid or a group or kids.....challenged them yes, blamed them, no.....those are two completely different terms.

In his 26 years coaching at Covington Holmes, LaRue County, E-town, Lincoln County, Danville and Mercer County NEVER has he ever BLAMED a kid or a group or kids.....challenged them yes, blamed them, no.....those are two completely different terms.

Buffalo Gap, of those 26 years, how many of those has Marty been a head coach and where? Also, it appears there is a major struggle going on right now for the Titans (players, coaches and fans). Fans blame coaches, coaches imply the kids aren't giving it their all, executing or working hard, and then players feel they aren't getting a fair shake. I hate to see this for the entire school and community that revelled in such success last year. Its amazing how quickly things can change.

Hang in there boys... GO TITANS!!!!

Play Calling? I dont think I heard anyone complaining last year about play calling.

Here's the facts...Marty is gonna run the football. And then he is gonna run it some more. And when your tired of that...guess what? He is gonna run it some more. You dont have to like it...but it has proven to be effective. He put MC in the Regional Champ even before the merger. Marty's offenses may not be exciting to watch for the casual fan...but it is effective.

And there is no way you can lose as many seniors as MC did last year and expect there not to be any hiccups.

MC will be fine!

Play Calling? I dont think I heard anyone complaining last year about play calling.

Here's the facts...Marty is gonna run the football. And then he is gonna run it some more. And when your tired of that...guess what? He is gonna run it some more. You dont have to like it...but it has proven to be effective. He put MC in the Regional Champ even before the merger. Marty's offenses may not be exciting to watch for the casual fan...but it is effective.

And there is no way you can lose as many seniors as MC did last year and expect there not to be any hiccups.

MC will be fine!

Finally, somebody with some sense!!!Thank you!:thumb:

Buffalo Gap, of those 26 years, how many of those has Marty been a head coach and where? Also, it appears there is a major struggle going on right now for the Titans (players, coaches and fans). Fans blame coaches, coaches imply the kids aren't giving it their all, executing or working hard, and then players feel they aren't getting a fair shake. I hate to see this for the entire school and community that revelled in such success last year. Its amazing how quickly things can change.

Hang in there boys... GO TITANS!!!!

He has been a head coach 8 of those years. At Lincoln County from '91-'96 he led his teams to 4 district championships, 3 regional runners-up, 1 regional championship, 1 State- Runner up. He went 8-4 in '91, 8-5 in '92, 13-2 in '93, 11-2 in '94, 8-5 in '95 and 2-8 in '96 (he also started 3 fresmen that whole year on defense). He was the offensive coordinator at Danville from '98-'04.

I can promise you right now that there is not a major struggle going on with the coaches and players. Practice isn't alwasy supposed to be some walk in the part, sure there are fun times and sure, even if just for a minute or two, things are laid back, jokes are made from players, coaches like.......but, coaches being more intense, pushing players to get the most out of them, etc. isn't a considered a struggle.....it goes on all over the country at successful program, high school and college alike. Like Gus said, Mercer lost and unbelievable senior class last year, and anytime that happens, I don't care who you are, or what class, there are going to be some BUMPS in the road, unfortunately. Mercer has lost 3 games by a total of 9 points, everyone of them have been winnable. I'm dang near positve that most of you don't realize, but Trinity went 0-4 in 2002 and ended up winning their state championship, Newport Catholic went 5-5 in the regular season last year, guess what they ended up doing?!?

Just because Mercer has happened to lose 3 very, very close games, it doesn't mean that the wheels have falling off. None of the coaches have ever implied that. If the coaching staff didn't believe that this team could still make something GREAT out of this year, they wouldn't have been up at the facility yesterday from anywhere to 6-12 hours watching film and getting the practice/gameplan for this week. If the boys didn't feel the same way, they wouldn't chomping at the bit for practice to start today, like they are..and the only reason I know that is because a couple of them have called me over the weekend, telling me so.

He has been a head coach 8 of those years. At Lincoln County from '91-'96 he led his teams to 4 district championships, 3 regional runners-up, 1 regional championship, 1 State- Runner up. He went 8-4 in '91, 8-5 in '92, 13-2 in '93, 11-2 in '94, 8-5 in '95 and 2-8 in '96 (he also started 3 fresmen that whole year on defense). He was the offensive coordinator at Danville from '98-'04.

I can promise you right now that there is not a major struggle going on with the coaches and players. Practice isn't alwasy supposed to be some walk in the part, sure there are fun times and sure, even if just for a minute or two, things are laid back, jokes are made from players, coaches like.......but, coaches being more intense, pushing players to get the most out of them, etc. isn't a considered a struggle.....it goes on all over the country at successful program, high school and college alike. Like Gus said, Mercer lost and unbelievable senior class last year, and anytime that happens, I don't care who you are, or what class, there are going to be some BUMPS in the road, unfortunately. Mercer has lost 3 games by a total of 9 points, everyone of them have been winnable. I'm dang near positve that most of you don't realize, but Trinity went 0-4 in 2002 and ended up winning their state championship, Newport Catholic went 5-5 in the regular season last year, guess what they ended up doing?!?

Just because Mercer has happened to lose 3 very, very close games, it doesn't mean that the wheels have falling off. None of the coaches have ever implied that. If the coaching staff didn't believe that this team could still make something GREAT out of this year, they wouldn't have been up at the facility yesterday from anywhere to 6-12 hours watching film and getting the practice/gameplan for this week. If the boys didn't feel the same way, they wouldn't chomping at the bit for practice to start today, like they are..and the only reason I know that is because a couple of them have called me over the weekend, telling me so.

Thanks for the information! I wasn't necessarily stating that there must be a struggle between coaches and players, but that the struggle with the coaches to keep the players focused on what they are telling them and not their parents. I think the kids may be getting pulled in two directions... what the coach says and what their parents say. I just hate to see what was the beginning of a tradition of success be shadowed by all of this turmoil. You're right, losing 22 seniors with loads of experience did hurt, but at some point the Titans have got to 'turn the corner' and get it done with this year's team. We can't keep talking about last year. It won't get us anywhere!

Stay focused and positive, GO TITANS!!:thumb: