Evarts vs. Jenkins

EHS #5

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Evarts
    • Jenkins

Evarts has the best QB that they have had in at least thirty years! This kid can play! He can throw and he is mobile! this kid is the real deal!!! What do you think HDE??

I'd say that is correct. I can go back about 30 years and can't think of one better.

Evarts has the best QB that they have had in at least thirty years! This kid can play! He can throw and he is mobile! this kid is the real deal!!! What do you think HDE??

If my memory serves me right didn't they have a pretty darn good QB back in the early 90's? I believe his name was T. Browning. I know for a fact their current QB can play, I personally saw him torch a few teams last year. Keep up the good work EHS--their coach is class act. :ylsuper:

If my memory serves me right didn't they have a pretty darn good QB back in the early 90's? I believe his name was T. Browning. I know for a fact their current QB can play, I personally saw him torch a few teams last year. Keep up the good work EHS--their coach is class act. :ylsuper:

You are right. Tim is now the head coach at Gallatin County. Tim threw a pretty ball and was very smart....ran the team well. But, at 6'5" and about 170, he wasnt as mobile as the boy Evarts has now. If you didnt get to, you should seen Tim should the "3" in a gym.

Timmy was a very good quarterback on a great team, but when you have Scott Russell around it's hard to put up huge numbers. He was also a very good basketball player.

Tim didnt graduate with Russell. He had one more year. I think if you look it up, Tim was 7 of 8 for 187 yards and 2 scores in the opening game of his senior year. The years before with Russell, Kirby, Doug Martin, Terry Snelling, and Joey Hubbs(Im sure I left some out) in the backfield, Evarts may not have thrown it 8 times in a season. Of course, they didnt need to!

And you are correct about their coach....hes a fine man. Coach Canady was an undersized offensive guard on the Browning/Russell teams. Ovie was a very smart player.

Tim didnt graduate with Russell. He had one more year. I think if you look it up, Tim was 7 of 8 for 187 yards and 2 scores in the opening game of his senior year. The years before with Russell, Kirby, Doug Martin, Terry Snelling, and Joey Hubbs(Im sure I left some out) in the backfield, Evarts may not have thrown it 8 times in a season. Of course, they didnt need to!

I don't doubt you there, but that affected his career numbers. He only had two years of varsity competition and one year was all Russell and Kirby.

Those Evarts teams were a lot of fun to watch, even without the aerial show people enjoy so much now.