3. Owensboro Catholic

4. Trigg County

5. Glasgow

6. Russellville

7. Metcalfe County

8. Fulton City

9. McLean County

10. Tilghman

By the way westsider I put Tilghman last becuse their offense is not the best. The only point in the game where their offense was scoring points was in that one quarter, which was also the one and only quarter that FC's defense struggled. Other than that quarter FC's defense shut PT down. Don't think that FC's offense had a bad game either because if you would have been at the game you would have seen an offense that did well the just didn't score when they should have. Being a football fan you should know that good teams might have a bad quarter but definately not a bad three quarters. :thumb:

The only point in the game where their offense was scoring points was in that one quarter, which was also the one and only quarter that FC's defense struggled.
Duh. It was still good enough to push Fort Campbell to the final seconds.

Unbelieveable that Fort Campbell is #2, beat Tilghman on a last-minute field goal and the Tornado is unranked. The same Tilghman team that barely lost to Graves County, just like Fort Campbell did.

Gee, it almost sounds like Tilghman and Fort Campbell are virtually even. Most people would see it that way. Apparently the view is a little different on base.

If you really believe Fulton City, McLean County and some of the others are better than Tilghman ... be my guest. It's your credibility.

If you really believe Fulton City, McLean County and some of the others are better than Tilghman ... be my guest. It's your credibility.

As of right now Fulton City, McLean County, etc... have proven they can win ballgames. Like I said before if PT beats McLean County and/or Mayfield then I would rank them in the top ten.

As of right now Fulton City, McLean County, etc... have proven they can win ballgames. Like I said before if PT beats McLean County and/or Mayfield then I would rank them in the top ten.
Hmmm ... Fort Campbell is 2-2, yet you rank them above four or five teams that haven't lost a game. Haven't those teams proven they can win games, too?

Sounds a bit hypocritical ...

My reasoning isn't flimsy. It's obvious reward the teams that win, not the one's that UNDERACHIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"fare as well"? everyone I have ranked could go 1-3 playing that same schedule. I'll take note of Tilghman when and if they beat Mayfield.

Tilghman's not rated because they are 1-3, when they actually start to win then people will take notice. Any team that is 1-3 doesn't deserve to be ranked for any reason. I'm just curious as to what you have seen from Tilghman that necessitates criticizing everyone else's rankings?

So Tilghman is underachieving because they've lost close games to a 6A school, a team ranked in 5A and another ranked team?

Heck, at least they're playing quality competition ... that can't be said for some of the team you've ranked above them.

Interesting that last week, when Tilghman was 1-2, you had them ranked fourth, just ahead of Fort Campbell.

After the Falcons beat Tilghman, you drop them to #8 and drop Tilghman out altogether ... interesting voting philosophy.

1) Mayfield(3-0) - (10) - 109 pts

2) Trigg Co(4-0) - (1) - 96 pts

T3) Owensboro Catholic(2-2) - 80 pts

T3) Ft Campbell(2-2) - 80 pts

5) Paducah Tilghman(1-3) - 51 pts

6) Russellville(3-1) - 49 pts

7) Metcalfe Co(4-0) - 44 pts

8) Glasgow(4-0) - 37 pts

9) Fulton City(4-0) - 21 pts

10) Caldwell Co(2-2) - 20 pts

Others receiving voves: McLean Co(4-0) - 18 pts

These are the results from last week..........it looks to me like those that left Tilghman unranked need to look a little deeper b/c the majority of the people on here understand that playing higher competition should merit a rank. As we see here, Tilghman is just behind Ft. Campbell and Owensboro Catholic. And from what I know, all three of these teams have played tough schedules, so the fact that FC and OC have won only one more game than Tilghman isn't that substantial to merit dropping Tilghman altogether. Its about scheduling competitive teams, not padding the schedule to pile up wins. The ONLY two teams in this poll ranked lower than Tilghman that could give them a game are Metcalfe and Russellville.....The same two teams that would give FC and OC a run for their money too..........IMHO.

This poll seems extremely accurate to me. Thanks J4F!!

Here is the Hensley Ratings also......maybe this will back up the Blue Tornado..........

"Henlsey Rating System Class 3A Top 10 - Week #5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, for the first time in the three seasons that I have done the Hensley Rating System, I have decided to start doing the ratings for the regular season and not just the playoffs.

I must not take any credit for the numbers that are produced...however, all the credit goes to both the Louisville Courier-Journal's LitRatings and the Lexington Herald-Leader's CantrallRatings. All that I have done is to enter the figures from both papers into an Excel sheet, added them together and divided by two, sort them into order from highest to lowest, and post them.

I will be maintaining the HRS for the remainder of the season so please be sure to post your comments about them and to keep checking back each and every week for updated standings.

The standings for Class 3A are:

1. Central 89.90

2. Belfry 85.50

3. Paducah Tilghman 78.35

4. Breathitt County 75.15

5. Russellville 73.90

6. Russell 72.55

7. Somerset 72.20

8. Mason County 71.15

9. Elizabethtown 70.10

10. Sheldon Clark 63.80"

Here is another view. I took the Massey power ratings and the Cantrall ratings (the two I trust) for the teams eligible for this poll and combined them.

1. Paducah Tilghman ... 36.50

2. Mayfield ... 36.11

3. Owensboro Catholic ... 32.95

4. Trigg County ... 31.94

5. Fort Campbell ... 31.24

6. Metcalfe County ... 24.24

7. Russellville ... 20.73

8. Glasgow ... 15.46

9. Caldwell County ... 14.65

10. Monroe County ... 8.70

Heath ... 6.83

Butler County ... 6.07

Hancock County ... 5.54

Webster County ... 5.47

Fulton City ... 3.80

McLean County ... 2.85

Union County ... 2.69

Another few examples are in the BGP poll:

1a- Holy Cross 1-3 ranked #7

2a- Bardstown 1-3 ranked #5

4a- Boyle Co 0-4 ranked #7

5a- WCentral 1-3 ranked #10

These 4 teams have the same or worse record than Tilghman and are ranked in the overall state, not just a specific area. Why, because they play a tough schedule. This also doesn't include 6 other ranked teams with a 2-2 record...

Gee, it almost sounds like Tilghman and Fort Campbell are virtually even. Most people would see it that way. Apparently the view is a little different on base.

Hmmmmm..... what was the score to the Union Co. PT game? I beg to differ.

Hmmmmm..... what was the score to the Union Co. PT game? I beg to differ.
Again, Fort Campbell beat Tilghman on a last-minute field goal, and you ranked the Falcons second and Tilghman out of the top 10.

I'm not going to defend Tilghman's performance, but you guys said Tilghman needed a win, and they got one. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll find another reason to exclude them next week.

Beating a terrible Union Co. team 14-0, does little to improve their standing. If they were as great as people were talking them up to be, they would have taken Union Co. to the woodshed. That being said I've always maintained Tilghman is a top-10 team, and they have real chance to send a message next week.