Did I miss this on here? All-A tourney field to EXPAND?

Right now it is 425 in grades 10,11 and 12. I believe the proposal is 600 in grades 9,10,11 and 12. If divided out it is only 36 additional kids over the whole school. The actual number to remain the same would be 566.4 per all 4 grades.

425 /3 = 141.6 per class

600/4 = 150 per class

This is what I think is being proposed. Some of the reasoning is that for example School A may have 430 in the top 3 classes but only have a fresh class of 110 for a total of 540 This would knock them out for at least one year and then back in the next. Are they still all A, absolutely...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, this is why imo it should say the same. Especially since the numbers are good (120 teams isn't far from orignal number of total teams) and the tournament is still going strong. By making this a 2A school tournament it takes the origanal purpose out of the tournament as whole. If it aint broke then don't fix it.

Wait a while until numbers are down and there should be an actual reason for change. Then we'll have a better outlook on the situation and number of teams then we'll be more able to come to a final decision about change.

I like the idea of 9-12 around 450-500 when the time comes but not yet.

Have to agree with staying with the same enrollment number qualifications, as it seems to be a pretty large tourney already with approximately 115-125 participants each year?? I think that's roughly 40% of the teams in the state? The thinking is to base the numbers on 4 year enrollments, as they're not many (if any) 3 year HS's left; but to make it much larger would not make sense. It already includes all the "A" football schools and about half of the 2-A schools!!

Right now it is 425 in grades 10,11 and 12. I believe the proposal is 600 in grades 9,10,11 and 12. If divided out it is only 36 additional kids over the whole school. The actual number to remain the same would be 566.4 per all 4 grades.

425 /3 = 141.6 per class

600/4 = 150 per class

This is what I think is being proposed. Some of the reasoning is that for example School A may have 430 in the top 3 classes but only have a fresh class of 110 for a total of 540 This would knock them out for at least one year and then back in the next. Are they still all A, absolutely...

You could argue about them still being an A school. I'm fairly certain 540 students would put you as 2A in football. I could live with 600 in 9-12 though for the All "A" Classic, as long as they didn't go any higher.

They definitely should use 9-12 numbers. Very few high schools are limited to grades 10-12.

HDE , I totally Agree with you about including the 9th Grade. I think something to look at would be 9-12 with an enrollment of 500 to 525.

HDE , I totally Agree with you about including the 9th Grade. I think something to look at would be 9-12 with an enrollment of 500 to 525.

That would make it exclude many schools that are in it now.. Currently 425 for 3 grades. If you did this it would eliminate many schools that were in it under the old guidelines.

I think if you go to 4 grades you at least keep the per class the same of 141.6..IMO