Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Lone Oak eventually crack the BGP Class 4A Rankings?

Featured Replies

I noticed the Purple Flash was ranked 7th in the AP poll this morning. I was just wondering about the BGP poll.

They need to keep winning and hope someone above them loses some games. Lone Oak's schedule is doing them no favors when it comes to the rankings.

A quality win would do wonders for Lone Oak's chances ... where that's coming from, with their schedule, I have no clue.

Calloway Co is probably there toughest opponent...They aren't great but at least Calloway plays Trigg, Marshall and you can possibly guage something by comparing scores to what these teams do against them..

From what I'm hearing, Hopkins Central might be Lone Oak's toughest competition in the district.

 

Obion Central (0-2 against two ranked teams) might be a toughie this week, especially with the game being played south of the border.

I'm sure Lone Oak will get all they want with Fulton City.

  • Author

In my opinion, The two toughest games on Lone Oak schedule is Hopkins Central (away) & Fulton City (home). I think Lone Oak has a legitimated shot at running the table during the regular season. If that occurs, Lone Oak should deserve to be ranked about 3rd or 4th in the rankings heading into post season. I understand the significance of playing a difficult schedule but how can a team be ranked in the top 10 with a 0-3 record?

Bourbon County recieved votes in this weeks AP poll!

In my opinion, The two toughest games on Lone Oak schedule is Hopkins Central (away) & Fulton City (home). I think Lone Oak has a legitimated shot at running the table during the regular season. If that occurs, Lone Oak should deserve to be ranked about 3rd or 4th in the rankings heading into post season. I understand the significance of playing a difficult schedule but how can a team be ranked in the top 10 with a 0-3 record?
Lone Oak may run the table, but honestly ... with their schedule, how many top teams in 4A wouldn't?

 

To earn statewide respect, you have to schedule someone that gets statewide respect and either beat them or play then pretty tough. Lone Oak doesn't have anyone like that on their schedule.

 

If Lone Oak played Paducah Tilghman, or Mayfield, or Marshall County, or Graves County, or Trigg County, or Christian County, or Hopkinsville ... they would start to earn some attention. This schedule just doesn't cut it.

Lone Oak should beat Calloway by 3 Td's

 

I agree...But, thats still one of the tougher opponents they'll play and if they beat them worse than say Marshall or Trigg did, then you can at least guage what kind of team they have... If they win a nail biter or win unimpressively and Marshall Co beats then by 35-40, then you have to question how tough they are

Bourbon County recieved votes in this weeks AP poll!

 

Go colonels :thumb:

Right now I see them outside the top 10. Maybe later in the year. Keep winning.

In my opinion, The two toughest games on Lone Oak schedule is Hopkins Central (away) & Fulton City (home). I think Lone Oak has a legitimated shot at running the table during the regular season. If that occurs, Lone Oak should deserve to be ranked about 3rd or 4th in the rankings heading into post season. I understand the significance of playing a difficult schedule but how can a team be ranked in the top 10 with a 0-3 record?

 

Fulton City? come on that is a joke in itself. LO should beat City by a ton. I think they are very impressive this year but they would not likely break into the poll even if they run the table because of the weak schedule and its a shame Jack let this happen

Why is it a shame that they may not crack the top 10. This is not college football. The only purpose of thier schedule is to get them prepared for the playoffs. On that topic then I must agree they have too weak a schedule.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.