Lawrence County 0-3 but look at their schedule...

UKBLUE1964

OK, I know LC is 0-3 to start the season, but their non-district opponents are very good and LC may have the toughest schedule in the 4A class.

Here is their schedule of non-district teams:

Coal Grove ....3-0

Belfry ...........3-0

Sheldon Clark .3-0

Russell ..........3-0

Breathitt Co....3-0

Prestonburg ...2-1 (only loss to Breathitt who is 3-0)

Letcher C.C. ..2-1 (only loss to Hazard who is 3-0)

That is a combined record of 19-2 of non-district opponents.

Now their district opponents are a combined record of 1-7.

Boyd Co.........0-3

Greenup Co.....0-2 (open last week)

Rowan Co.......1-2 (only win against Morgan Co. which is 0-2 and have been outscored 86-18 in two games)

So when everyone keeps saying LC will be OK when they get to their district play they are right. The one thing that the LC coaching have to keep doing is keeping their players spirit up and keep learning week to week.

I said it before the season started, and I will say it again, I think Lawrence will win their district. Non-district games are to get better before district games, that is it. A win is nice, but getting better is the goal. Anyone that tells you differently is either lieing or does not know much about high school football.

Exactly Ram, getting better and experience for the younger players is the GOAL. As EKUalum has stated confidence is the key. Keeping their heads together is a tough task but I think this coaching staff can do it with the support of the Fans and parents.

Wer'e all still here-maybe just a bit numb?

Yes, everyone is right, these first 3 games were killers against some awesome opponents. Not sure anyone expected them to win but I do believe we all thought we'd see a better team than we have. People are complaining all around here and on the "other site" about this and that, this coach or that one, politics and favorites, etc. Is any of this really the problem? I am not a coach-don't want to be-so I admit to not being an expert at football (or anything else for that matter...)BUT I do see that something has to give here, whether its changing some players positions or trying to run the ball more or what. I just pray for the players sakes that things turn around before their moral gets so low that they just don't care.

This is a harsh community for usre-we have a tremendous showing of true, dedicated fans. But then we have those who for example, during the Septemberfest parade yesterday were watching our team go by on the trucks and held up 0 with 1 hand and 3 with the other. How supportive is that? I understand this was high school students???? Well my thought is if you can help this team get better then get off your lazy butt and get out there and practice in the 100 degree heat and play. I can understand that this would be really hard for the guys who bust their tails for 4 months or more to take. Sure that's going to bring them down. ANYWAY-we can all complain all day about what we think is wrong but we can't change anything. Its gotta come within-bottom line.

We have played 3 very good teams and we will be playing another very good team this week . All I will say is that we need to just keep supporting these young men and I feel sure that if the coaches see's that they need to move people around to make us better then I'm sure they are men enough to do it because I don't think they like losing any more then the kids do . I just keep telling my self hey thier the one's getting paid to coach not me and I'm sure they know that if things don't turn around then most likely they won't be getting paid for much longer . I also know that several of the coaches doesn't even get any money for helping so how could I complane about that because it takes alot of time to do what they do . I will support these dawgs in the good time and the BAD . I still believe we can make some noise in our district but it's not going to be easy by no means. Good luck Dawgs agiants them blackcat's of P'burg .

I don't know how many games LC will win but I can guarantee that the kids are working hard and will not quit. Their schedule is a tough one that will prepare them for district play and I think they will be in the hunt for a district title.

LC has some gifted athletes and no one wants to win more than their players and coaching staff.

Keep working toward your goals and believing in your coaching staff.

Best of luck to the Bulldogs.

Yet another excellent post by Dad of a Dawg.....

Yes it was as was yours an excellent post too.

One way for LC to turn it around is too put the Best Players on your team on the field. Even if that means moving kids around or whatever. You have to do what it takes to win games (coty roberts run more) :D

Lawrence won in the past with very emotional style of smashmouth football. That straight forward formula is proven in high school. I see posts suggesting that change, similar to last year .... Certainly kids can rally around this direct style of football , is that going to happen as suggested ?

LCHS should win the district but come playoff time you have to have something to hang your hat on ...