Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Clay Co 34 North Laurel 17

Featured Replies

The Tigers seemed to have some problems in the first half. Nice game for the Tigers though they had some key players out and overcame that and came out with a nice win.

 

Nice to see Tanner Gilbert do so good tonight.

Jags were in this game, back and forth with lead changes until the 4th quarter. They have to find a way to sustain drives and give the defense some extended rests. I really like the Lewis kid for Clay. Good ball player. The utility man, QB's, plays safety, kicks, punts, ... he does it all. I like the way the Nolan kid runs. This game was closer than the score shows, but hats off to Clay, they got the job done when it mattered most.

 

First time I have seen a game start off with 3 straight turnovers and not a cloud in the sky. North fumbled on thd 2nd play, Clay fumbled on their first play, and North gave it back to them on the the very next play. The turnovers killed NL.

 

The good news tonight was that the offense did show some signs of life. The bad news is that they need to put together more consistent drives. They equaled their point total from the first 2 games in this one by the 3rd quarter. Their last TD drive was their best drive of the year, bar none. Nice mix of pass to spread the field then run Brandenburg up the gut with the field spread. I hope to see more of that in the coming weeks. The defense played well, just gassed in the 4th quarter.

No comment, you all know what I think. Turnovers turnovers and more turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jags were in this game, back and forth with lead changes until the 4th quarter. They have to find a way to sustain drives and give the defense some extended rests. I really like the Lewis kid for Clay. Good ball player. The utility man, QB's, plays safety, kicks, punts, ... he does it all. I like the way the Nolan kid runs. This game was closer than the score shows, but hats off to Clay, they got the job done when it mattered most.

 

First time I have seen a game start off with 3 straight turnovers and not a cloud in the sky. North fumbled on thd 2nd play, Clay fumbled on their first play, and North gave it back to them on the the very next play. The turnovers killed NL.

 

The good news tonight was that the offense did show some signs of life. The bad news is that they need to put together more consistent drives. They equaled their point total from the first 2 games in this one by the 3rd quarter. Their last TD drive was their best drive of the year, bar none. Nice mix of pass to spread the field then run Brandenburg up the gut with the field spread. I hope to see more of that in the coming weeks. The defense played well, just gassed in the 4th quarter.

 

I thought the score was very indicative of the game. NL won the special-team battles or the score would have been more like Clay 48 NL 10.

  • Author

Yeah Zach Lewis played every position tonight, Lewis is the real deal and a great ball player.

 

How many starters did Clay have out? Did they have 3 out, I know Marcum, Rawlings and who was the other one.

 

Also is Rawlings out for the season?

Just a question or opinion. A few years ago NL had a QB named Stuber. The win/loss record was 3-7 the last two years I think. Anyway all you heard was how bad a QB Stuber was, yet the losses were always only by a TD or less. How is it that the Stuber kid got blamed for the losses and even ended up not playing at all his senior year and now we have kind of the same situation; a QB that has potential but way too many turnovers, a 3-7 record last year and so far an 0-3 record this year but everyone but the QB is sharing the blame? Don't get me wrong Wardrup does not deserve all the blame or even most of the blame, but some of this offense's woes are linked to him.

Just a question or opinion. A few years ago NL had a QB named Stuber. The win/loss record was 3-7 the last two years I think. Anyway all you heard was how bad a QB Stuber was, yet the losses were always only by a TD or less. How is it that the Stuber kid got blamed for the losses and even ended up not playing at all his senior year and now we have kind of the same situation; a QB that has potential but way too many turnovers, a 3-7 record last year and so far an 0-3 record this year but everyone but the QB is sharing the blame? Don't get me wrong Wardrup does not deserve all the blame or even most of the blame, but some of this offense's woes are linked to him.

 

 

Would you please get off Wardrups back, if you don't like him as a quarterback that is fine but it looks like that is who the NL coaching staff has decided to go with as their quarterback. It seems like every week I open up the NL thread and you are on here bashing the kid and I'm tired of reading it.

  • Author

North is struggling right now, but look at who they have played.. They have had 3 tough teams to play.

Good grief, just leave the players alone. If you can't say anything good then just don't say anything at all. The Jags are struggling offensively. Their defense is being asked to do a lot meaning staying on the field the biggest part of the game, so I don't think they were just gassed in the 4th qtr., I think they gave all they had. Alot of those kids played both ways last night and that took a toll on them.

Please remember rule 2...and be careful with your comments.

 

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, or school. Also, keeping in mind the youth of our student athletes, excessive "bashing" is prohibited in the high school forums. Do not comment on the manner in which another member has posted, or any violations you find in their posts. Such public remarks will be considered a violation under this rule.

Just a question or opinion. A few years ago NL had a QB named Stuber. The win/loss record was 3-7 the last two years I think. Anyway all you heard was how bad a QB Stuber was, yet the losses were always only by a TD or less. How is it that the Stuber kid got blamed for the losses and even ended up not playing at all his senior year and now we have kind of the same situation; a QB that has potential but way too many turnovers, a 3-7 record last year and so far an 0-3 record this year but everyone but the QB is sharing the blame? Don't get me wrong Wardrup does not deserve all the blame or even most of the blame, but some of this offense's woes are linked to him.

 

I don't ever remember hearing how bad a QB Stuber was. He was a better runner than a passer and probably would have more suited as a RB IMHO, but I don't remember anyone coming on here and blaming him for any of those losses. There were games he played nearly perfect (Mercer, GRC) and they still lost those games by a TD or less. I also don't ever remember him being blamed on here by anyone for those close losses. Those were team losses just like these are. Why do you insist on focusing your attention only on the QB in both these cases? The NL TEAM has to find their offensive identity and it does not all fall on the QB in this year or in past years.

 

BTW, the Stuber kid had a winning varsity record as a sophomore in Duncum's last season of 2-1 if memory serves me correctly. When he chose not to play his senior season, I really believe knowing he and the family like I do, that he put more blame on himself than anyone else could have and was just burned out. The offense scored 15 ppg in 2005 with him at QB, they scored 14 ppg the next season without him so there was very little dropoff, and this year have scored around 11 ppg.

 

In both cases I have seen dropped passes but I don't see you calling out those receivers by name. I have seen missed tackles, but no names again. Let's focus on the TEAM not just one 16 year old kid.

Just a question or opinion. A few years ago NL had a QB named Stuber. The win/loss record was 3-7 the last two years I think. Anyway all you heard was how bad a QB Stuber was, yet the losses were always only by a TD or less. How is it that the Stuber kid got blamed for the losses and even ended up not playing at all his senior year and now we have kind of the same situation; a QB that has potential but way too many turnovers, a 3-7 record last year and so far an 0-3 record this year but everyone but the QB is sharing the blame? Don't get me wrong Wardrup does not deserve all the blame or even most of the blame, but some of this offense's woes are linked to him.

 

I was on here, and around the NL program then, and I don't recall Trae, or any other individual taking blame for any loss. Actually, until you started on Wardrup last season, I'd never heard it anywhere. If Wardrup's play bothers you that much, and you care so much for the NL program, please schedule a conference with Coach Abbot and give him some ideas. He's very approachable, and at 0-3, would probably listen to anyone with answers, especially someone with the football smarts that you appear to have. :thumb: Just pm me if you'd like his telephone number.

I did not say that Stuber was bashed or talked about on this site nor did I mean him any disrespect. I was at a game one night when a parent actually got in the kids face and talked bad to him. I was talking more about the talk from fans and such. Anyway I will leave the QB's alone. I think Wardrup is talented tons and has progressed and matured since last season. Good luck Jags!!!!

I did not say that Stuber was bashed or talked about on this site nor did I mean him any disrespect. I was at a game one night when a parent actually got in the kids face and talked bad to him. I was talking more about the talk from fans and such. Anyway I will leave the QB's alone. I think Wardrup is talented tons and has progressed and matured since last season. Good luck Jags!!!!

 

I recall exactly which game you are talking about. That indeed was a memorable night with the comments directed right at him from one idiotic parent after a tough loss when he had the worst game he had ever played (and I had seen him play numerous times from middle school on). But it was only one who made those classless comments to a 16 year old kid and it was dealt with. The funny part was that the parent's child who was on that team, was upset and embarassed that his parent would make such a comment to one of his teammates. The very next week when he led NL in total yards and did his part to help his TEAM to the biggest upset in the state that season (per the Herald Leader) in the double OT win over Madison Central, that parent had absolutely nothing to say to him which tells me all I need to know about what kind of person would make such comments. But several other parents who learned what had happened, sought him out and gave him a lot of love.

 

I agree that Wardup has a lot of athletic ability, but the loss of Maggard and Asher from last year really hurt the Jags as they have very little running game right now besides Wardrup PLUS the loss of their #1 reciever Cornett from last season to a broken hand has left them shorthanded as well (but he will be back) However, there are a ton of young guys starting for these Jags and trust me, they will get better. The numbers are growing and they have a great frosh class. They will be a better team by season's end then they are right now. Mark it down! :thumb:

 

As far as your comments, here is an exact quote which infers more than just one person making one comment after one game, ...

 

Anyway all you heard was how bad a QB Stuber was

 

Here's the point, only a few people around that incident you referred to actually saw or heard it, ... but a whole lot of people on here read all the negative remarks about a kid, .. including the kids. Just be a little more considerate of the kids involved in these sports. That is all I would ask. :thumb:

I actually think the Jaguars have an excellent group of runners in Tyree, Setters, Brandonburg and numerous others that are able to run the ball at anytime. I just don't think that they each are being used to the best of their ability. I recently saw some stats from the JV team the last few years and Setters had 950 + yards running in the JV season (thats pretty good to me) and if I recall right most of the runs were to the outside, not up the middle as he is being used this season. Tyree showed some AWESOME hands during the Clay game and showed just how much of an asset to this team he is. Brandonburg pounded the ball all night long and I believe they are using him the right way because if he gets a full head of steam goin, there aren't a lot of people going to take him down.

 

So I do believe that North has an excellent group of runners, I just don't know if they are all being used in the right way.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.