Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Colt Brennan - Product of the system or great QB?

Featured Replies

Appy State, Florida are more Zone/Option type of teams that also run a lot of no back stuff.

Texas Tech is from the Mumme Air Raid which is Lavell Edwards BYU offense only out of the gun. Even Tech is running the ball more

Hawaii is a direct decendant of the old Mouse Davis Run+Shoot. Houston, SMU etc used to run it. It's the same thing the old Houston Oilers used to run with Warren Moon back in the day when they hung so many points. Teams got away from it because of the lack of ability to run the ball especially in the red zone. Hawaii runs it as well as you can run it and it's a unique situation recruiting there.

The spread offense gets thrown around a lot but there are many different versions.

There is also the Texas/WVU spread with the zone read and triple option stuff.

It's all about getting numbers and speed in space.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I said, he's definitely an above average QB but there are undeniably better QB's out there in the country and I think they would put up better numbers in that system. Not by much but I do think that they would.

 

 

Really?

 

A LOT of NFL scouts had him as the 3rd QB to be taken in the draft if he came out and everything I have read says he has arm comparable to Favre and a much smarter player than Russell. SO he is a little better than "above Avg"

Really?

 

A LOT of NFL scouts had him as the 3rd QB to be taken in the draft if he came out and everything I have read says he has arm comparable to Favre and a much smarter player than Russell. SO he is a little better than "above Avg"

 

 

Low 1st, early 2nd round pick. I think he'll be pretty good in the NFL personally.

Really?

 

A LOT of NFL scouts had him as the 3rd QB to be taken in the draft if he came out and everything I have read says he has arm comparable to Favre and a much smarter player than Russell. SO he is a little better than "above Avg"

Well, the average college QB doesn't make it in the NFL so I guess they are thinking about the same thing as me. And I still think that there are a handful of better QB's in the country, not many, but there are some that I think would do better at Hawaii.

I'm sure he's very skilled but it's the system that gets him the notoriety. No different than AWare/Klingler from Houston or Kinsgberry/Cumby from TexasTech, Couch/Bonner from UK, or any Florida Qb.

Where did Brennan sign originally? For some reason USC pops into my head.

Where did Brennan sign originally? For some reason USC pops into my head.

I thought it was Colorado but I could be wrong.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.