18. Boise State

19. Georgia Tech

20. Michigan

21. Texas A&M

22. Rutgers

23. UK

24. Clemson

25. Tennessee

Clemson beats a top 20 team, while UK beats up on EKU, but UK is ahead of Clemson? IDK about Michigan still in the top 25 either. LSU should be top 3, not out of the top 5.

Clemson beats a top 20 team, while UK beats up on EKU, but UK is ahead of Clemson? IDK about Michigan still in the top 25 either. LSU should be top 3, not out of the top 5.

Good for Clemson, they beat a Florida State team that is overranked every year. Also UK returned alot of players who beat this same Clemson team last year. So I think I have good reason to believe that UK is better than Clemson right now...

As for Michigan yeah they had a terrible lost, but when I do my top 25 I go by who I think are the best teams in the country and I think Michigan is still definitely one of the top 25 teams in the country.

Now for LSU I am just not sold on them. Yeah they have a very good defense, but I think their offense might hold them back, and that the 5 teams I have ahead of them are better than them and would beat them IMO..

Good for Clemson, they beat a Florida State team that is overranked every year. Also UK returned alot of players who beat this same Clemson team last year. So I think I have good reason to believe that UK is better than Clemson right now...

As for Michigan yeah they had a terrible lost, but when I do my top 25 I go by who I think are the best teams in the country and I think Michigan is still definitely one of the top 25 teams in the country.

Now for LSU I am just not sold on them. Yeah they have a very good defense, but I think their offense might hold them back, and that the 5 teams I have ahead of them are better than them and would beat them IMO..

Florida State has a good team this year, and IDK if Kentucky could keep within 3-4 touchdowns of them. Clemson began the season hot last year, but lost 4 of their last 5 games. If UK had played them in a regular season game early last year, Clemson would have won by around 2-4 touchdowns.

True, but any team in the top 5 who had lost a game like that IMO should be out of the top 25. A game, at home, the big house in front of over 100,000 fans a game you are supposed to win and you lose its hard to say they should still be in the top 25.

LSU's defense is pretty dang good, and the offense will come. I wouldn't put Cal or U of L in the top 5 yet. But that's just me.

Florida State has a good team this year, and IDK if Kentucky could keep within 3-4 touchdowns of them. Clemson began the season hot last year, but lost 4 of their last 5 games. If UK had played them in a regular season game early last year, Clemson would have won by around 2-4 touchdowns.

True, but any team in the top 5 who had lost a game like that IMO should be out of the top 25. A game, at home, the big house in front of over 100,000 fans a game you are supposed to win and you lose its hard to say they should still be in the top 25.

LSU's defense is pretty dang good, and the offense will come. I wouldn't put Cal or U of L in the top 5 yet. But that's just me.

And you know Florida State has a good team this year how? Their offense once again even with a new offensive coordinator looked terrible, except for like one 8 minute stretch in the game...As for your Clemson comment, it really dont stand up, because wow what good does playing your best football at the beginning of the season do you? It is about who is the better team at the end of the season. Also if you want to pick when UK played Clemson, then put the UK team at the end of the season when UK was at their best against Clemson in the middle of the season and I like UK chances still in that game.

Now for Michigan you are right they shouldn't lose that game, and dont deserve to be in top 25 just for losing to a team like that. But as I said I go by who I think are the top 25 teams in the country when I do this, and I believe Michigan is still one of them...

As for LSU no one knows if that offense will come around or not, its just people assuming and hoping that it does. West Virginia and Louisville both have offenses that could score on that defense and cause alot of problems for that defense IMO, and I dont trust LSU offense to score more than them. Maybe by the end of the year if LSU offense has came around I would have them ahead of those teams. But right now in this point of the season, IMO they are not better than those teams...

1. USC

2. LSU

3. West Virginia

4. Louisville

5. Florida

6. Oklahoma

7. Wisconsin

8. California

9. Texas

10. Georgia

11. UCLA

12. Ohio State

13. Penn State

14. Rutgers

15. Arkansas

16. Auburn

17. Nebraska

18. Boise State

19. TCU

20. Michigan

21. Texas A&M

22. Tennessee

23. Georgia Tech

24. Clemson

25. Hawaii

26. Kentucky

And you know Florida State has a good team this year how? Their offense once again even with a new offensive coordinator looked terrible, except for like one 8 minute stretch in the game...As for your Clemson comment, it really dont stand up, because wow what good does playing your best football at the beginning of the season do you? It is about who is the better team at the end of the season. Also if you want to pick when UK played Clemson, then put the UK team at the end of the season when UK was at their best against Clemson in the middle of the season and I like UK chances still in that game.

Now for Michigan you are right they shouldn't lose that game, and dont deserve to be in top 25 just for losing to a team like that. But as I said I go by who I think are the top 25 teams in the country when I do this, and I believe Michigan is still one of them...

As for LSU no one knows if that offense will come around or not, its just people assuming and hoping that it does. West Virginia and Louisville both have offenses that could score on that defense and cause alot of problems for that defense IMO, and I dont trust LSU offense to score more than them. Maybe by the end of the year if LSU offense has came around I would have them ahead of those teams. But right now in this point of the season, IMO they are not better than those teams...

Both offenses didn't look to amazing, Clemson just had 36 more total yards than FSU. I didn't say it matters, because it doesn't. I was just saying if they had played Clemson early in the year, IMO Clemson would have won, and won pretty easily.

Michigan is still a very good team and im not saying that. They should be back in the top 25 here soon. Im just saying I wouldn't have them in there. Ahead of teams like Texas A&M, Rutgers, Clemson, and Tennessee. And it is your opinion, not mine. But I am just saying IMO where I would rank them.

347 yards of offense doesn't sound to bad to me. Flynn looked good for the first game of the year, and the LSU run game looked good, almost 200 total rushing yards. By season's end LSU's offense will be very good. U of L and WVA would give LSU a good game, but LSU's defense is tough and I don't know many teams that would be able to put up a lot of yards or points on them.

Not sure I can rank the top 25, but I do feel LSU is #1, and that Michigan is still a top 10 team.

I really feel that they can be also, I just couldn't rank them after getting beat in the big house by a 1AA school even though that was a very good 1AA team. I will probably have them back in my rankings before too long.

1. USC

2. Florida

3. Louisville

4. West Virginia

5. Cal

6. LSU

7. Oklahoma

8.Wisconsin

9. Auburn

10. Nebraska

11. Georgia

12. Texas

13. Penn State

14. Va. Tech

15. Ohio State

16. Oregon

17. UCLA

18. Boise State

19. Georgia Tech

20. Michigan

21. Texas A&M

22. Rutgers

23. UK

24. Clemson

25. Tennessee

LSU at #6. :confused:

I am with you Boondock. USC was a great team in "04 NC" and '05 41-38 vs Texas but last year they were overated. They lost to an slightly above average Oregon State team and to rival UCLA who was 7-6.

They opened with a 38-10 rout of Idaho, a 4-8 team a year ago who was beaten by 5tds 5 times last year.

They are definitely Top Ten but not even close to a consensus #1.

If Nebraska, who hasn't been to a BCS bowl in 5 years, can get by Wake Forest this weekend then I am on board with the Huskers and the points in Lincoln.

Maybe by the end of the year if LSU offense has came around I would have them ahead of those teams. But right now in this point of the season, IMO they are not better than those teams...

Well with the offense LSU is showing so far in the game against VTech, I will have to change my opinion and move them up to #2 because they have been very impressive...