Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyd Co Baseball Question

Featured Replies

Does the Boyd Co football team have very many baseball players on its roster other Gatlin Barker?:rolleyes:

The Ashland Daily Independent, may have a roster list for your review.

Does the Boyd Co football team have very many baseball players on its roster other Gatlin Barker?:rolleyes:

 

I have always heard that baseball players are strongly encouraged to stick solely to baseball there.

Does the Boyd Co football team have very many baseball players on its roster other Gatlin Barker?:rolleyes:

 

Ryan Crisp plays baseball as well.

Does the Boyd Co football team have very many baseball players on its roster other Gatlin Barker?:rolleyes:

 

Not too many...

Zac Wilson

Gatlin Barker

Ryan Crisp

I think that is it.....

Sorry if I let anyone out!!!

I have always heard that baseball players are strongly encouraged to stick solely to baseball there.

 

 

You heard correct...and it really is actually pretty sad, because there is some great football talent not playing Football this year, because of Fall Baseball.

 

Lets see right off the top of my head....7th Grade QB last year playing Baseball, 2-8th Grade RB's playing Baseball and the 8th Grade QB from last year is also only playing Baseball, not to count all of the HS players.

Not too many...

Zac Wilson

Gatlin Barker

Ryan Crisp

I think that is it.....

Sorry if I let anyone out!!!

 

Donnie Bryant and Tyler Arthur:thumb:

I presume Fall Ball is on the weekends and couldn't they play both.

Fall Ball in the Babe Ruth and Youth ages do work around Football Schedules...High school feels they dont need to work around anyone.

Fall Ball in the Babe Ruth and Youth ages do work around Football Schedules...High school feels they dont need to work around anyone.

 

Could not say that any better myself.:thumb:

You heard correct...and it really is actually pretty sad, because there is some great football talent not playing Football this year, because of Fall Baseball.

 

Lets see right off the top of my head....7th Grade QB last year playing Baseball, 2-8th Grade RB's playing Baseball and the 8th Grade QB from last year is also only playing Baseball, not to count all of the HS players.

 

We have had that situation down here, but it is nothing official, the players choose to specialize, BUT three very good baseball players have come out for football just this week and will be suiting up for the first time against Sheldon Clark. I hope they stay healthy............

We have had that situation down here, but it is nothing official, the players choose to specialize, BUT three very good baseball players have come out for football just this week and will be suiting up for the first time against Sheldon Clark. I hope they stay healthy............

 

I am totally against that too....I have been noticing way too many kids coming out for football this year late on the purpose of skipping the hard practices...Should be a deadline to when u can start, and that deadline should be during the Practice Season...whether it hurts or helps...right is right and wrong is wrong.

I am totally against that too....I have been noticing way too many kids coming out for football this year late on the purpose of skipping the hard practices...Should be a deadline to when u can start, and that deadline should be during the Practice Season...whether it hurts or helps...right is right and wrong is wrong.

 

I have to disagree with you here. These are premium players, and baseball is their primary sport. There were several all star combines they needed tp participate in. I think they are doing the football team a favor.

I am totally against that too....I have been noticing way too many kids coming out for football this year late on the purpose of skipping the hard practices...Should be a deadline to when u can start, and that deadline should be during the Practice Season...whether it hurts or helps...right is right and wrong is wrong.

 

I agree 100%. It really takes away from the emphasis on TEAM, when players can come in whenever they choose and avoid the two-a-days, and all the conditioning that goes on. I would guess the most good PROGRAMS do not allow this. I am not saying Lawrence or anyone else doesn't have a good program, I am just saying that most do not allow it. I doubt Ivan McGlone has any new players starting this week.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.