Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Campbell County 53 Pendleton County 19

Featured Replies

For a LONG TIME, grabbing the face mask to stop a runner was legal. Do you feel when they took that option out they made the game softer? Or still a great game but safer.

 

 

That is a horrible comparison!!!

  • Replies 49
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you all going back in forth about a RULE....it is what it is, let it go.

 

PC did the best they could, but with or without that call they are no match for CC. Camels should take note of the PC game and remember not to overlook anyone regardless of what they read on BGP....you still have to play the game....just ask Michigan!

 

As for PC why do they not have more than 19 kids out??? Give tons of props to those playing.....I would think the coaching staff needs to be doing more regarding selling the program and getting kids to come out.

Why are you all going back in forth about a RULE....it is what it is, let it go.

 

PC did the best they could, but with or without that call they are no match for CC. Camels should take note of the PC game and remember not to overlook anyone regardless of what they read on BGP....you still have to play the game....just ask Michigan!

 

As for PC why do they not have more than 19 kids out??? Give tons of props to those playing.....I would think the coaching staff needs to be doing more regarding selling the program and getting kids to come out.

 

Are people going back and forth at each other, or are they having a discussion? It looks like a discussion to me...

 

As for only having 19 kids, from what I understand, is from complete laziness from most of the young men at PC, not the coaching staff. I also hear that the middle school program is off and running, and that there is a really positive attitude down there. That can only help.

Are people going back and forth at each other, or are they having a discussion? It looks like a discussion to me...

 

As for only having 19 kids, from what I understand, is from complete laziness from most of the young men at PC, not the coaching staff. I also hear that the middle school program is off and running, and that there is a really positive attitude down there. That can only help.

 

 

cjtank74: Do you know the kids in PC, are you there? We have baseball teams playing right now that they are not a school sport but they love baseball. Soccer team which has several kids on it, and then there is cross country, plus some kids just want to play one sport, basketball. That is there business. I don't think it is called laziness. Positive attitude is what you should use on bluegrass preps.

Getting back to the game would be even better.:irked:

I agree with you. Players do often times become spectators behind the play. Therefore, if they would still be able to legally earhold, it would reinforce the coaching aspect of never becoming a spectator on the football field. If a clean hit is dangerous, we wouldn't be allowed to play the game. No player is defenseless. They are all wearing equipment and they all have the ability to keep their field awareness at a heightened level.

 

"No player or nonplayer shall charge into or throw an opponent to the ground 'after he is obviously out of the play' or after the ball is clearly dead either in or out of bounds; pile on any player who is lying on the ground; position himself on the shoulders or body of a teammate or an opponent to gain an advantage; throw a helmet to trip an opponent; or make any other contact with an opponent which is deemed 'unnecessary' and which incites roughness." (9-4-3a-g) Like it or not, it is a foul for illegal personal contact when a player charges into or throws an opponent to the ground after he is obviously out of the play.

cjtank74: Do you know the kids in PC, are you there? We have baseball teams playing right now that they are not a school sport but they love baseball. Soccer team which has several kids on it, and then there is cross country, plus some kids just want to play one sport, basketball. That is there business. I don't think it is called laziness. Positive attitude is what you should use on bluegrass preps.

 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to sound negative. When half the team quits because they have to run a few sprints or do a few up-downs, is there really any other way to look at it than laziness? I'm not talking about the kids that are playing other sports. I don't, however, understand the thinking behind playing only one sport. I think a kid should be involved in as many school activities as possible, but like you said, that's their business.

...I was wondering if anyone happened to get a good look at touchdown catch in the second quarter by a Campbell County reciever, from where I was at it looked to be out of the back of the endzone.... Did anyone get a good look at it???

 

Was this on the north or south endzone?

Was this on the north or south endzone?

Not sure about north or south but it was in the right endzone if your sitting in the stands.

I was there and it was a touchdown, in High School a receiver only has to get one foot down in bounds for a catch.

It was a touchdown. Like UK Fan 59 said you only have to get one foot in bounds for a catch.

He got 2 feet in is how it looked from where i was sitting. It was a nice job by the WR in knowing where he was.

In the endzone at Campbell County there are 2 lines the line that is out of bounds is the first one. I talked to a player who saw the film and said it was out of bounds.... either way I don't think it would have changed the game I was just curious... Thanks.

I think you are wrong, but if I were PC, I would let it go and move on. If the 1st String of CC would of have played the whole game, it would of have been a national disaster.

It could have been a bad call. Given who the officiating crew was (the group you will not see at Highlands or CovCath or Beechwood).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.