Holmes 33 Holy Cross 14

SEABASS

Congrads to the Bulldogs. They beat Holy Cross every which way. Holy Cross missed Robert Walker in the middle. He should be back for the West Hi game.

RW was missed, but 1 player could not have made that big of difference. From what I hear, the QB it's getting enough time to throw. If that 's the case.....wouldn't you go to a shotgun O?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HC's QB has a good arm. I'm surprised they didn't try to drop him back more frequently. They had a big size advantage between their receivers and Holmes db's. The closest HC got to scoring on the Holmes D was set up because of a couple nice pass plays.

The Holmes D was flying to the ball this week...

If you know that......be the adult.

I didn't know he was a freshman. So take it easy, I had every right to say that. If that guy is going to make a whole thread to try to talk about Holy Cross being 2A state champs, he deserves to eat a little crow when a game like this happens. Especially when he even said that Holy Cross plays nobodys until they had to play NCC...

I didn't know he was a freshman. So take it easy, I had every right to say that. If that guy is going to make a whole thread to try to talk about Holy Cross being 2A state champs, he deserves to eat a little crow when a game like this happens. Especially when he even said that Holy Cross plays nobodys until they had to play NCC...

I hope now he throws away that big red an black foam we're #1 finger.

The way the O looked tonight, I wouldn't call West High nobody.

Once again I never said they played nobodys. I was just repeating what the guy who started that thread said. We all heard alot from him in that thread, and that is why after seeing HC lose a game like this when it sounds like they got dominated, he deserves to get a little crow, and will hopefully will think next time before he says stuff like that...

Holy Cross may have some size, but they are SLOW.

Offensively, they tried to run the option and I would suspect they lost more yardage than they gained trying to run it.

Holmes brought the heat when HC tried to pass, and Reardon had little time to do anything.

Holmes likely doubled HC in yardage.

Holmes took over physically against a team that was physically bigger than them up front.

Miller sliced and diced them up the middle, Palmer hurt them on the edge, and Hunter ran hard. HC would stack the box and still couldn't stop them.

HC lost a lot to graduation, but they have a long way to go.

The West kid for HC is an impressive athlete, and had a couple of nice kickoff returns, but was the only bright spot for them tonight.

Looks like Holmes corrected some things and got better from last week to this week. Kickoff coverage needs some work, but if they continue to make strides as they made tonight, they will likely compete with everyone in the district aside from Highlands.

Once again I never said they played nobodys. I was just repeating what the guy who started that thread said. We all heard alot from him in that thread, and that is why after seeing HC lose a game like this when it sounds like they got dominated, he deserves to get a little crow, and will hopefully will think next time before he says stuff like that...

Is what I'm saying is, if HC was playing good fb, then they my not play anyone until NCC. But they are not playing good fb. Holmes has 3 or 4 kids who can fly. Holmes is utilizing their talent. HC has maybe 3 kids who are fast, but others who have other great O skills. IMO, HC does not utilize their talent. Or is it the play calling? If I see a 6'3" WR being defended by a 5'3" DB, where do you think I'm throwing the ball? Again, I would go to the shotgun. HC's run is taking to long to develope. Therefore the run is being stuffed. Holmes has little to no passing.......but the run is trememdous.

Coach Lickert has this team turned around from last year. Much more discipline and more focused on the game. He will succeed!

If anyone remembers the game last yr. HHS was beating HC at half time pretty bad. The second half HHS had 6 or 7 personals. If Holmes was as diciplined last yr. as this yr.........just think what they would have accomplished. Last yrs. team was much better.