Officiating Question

spindoc

I have a question for the officials here, or even for those of you who stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Is a tackle eligible if he reports if he's on the end of the line of scrimmage? Someone told me that according to Ky rules, he is not. So if a team runs an unbalanced line and the tackle is uncovered and on the end of the line of scrimmage, if he reports as eligible, is he?

Secondly, if he in fact is eligible, does he have to report each play, or is once enough? For instance, if he reports as eligible, does he have to go the the official before the next play and re-report?

Someone please enlighten me!

I have a question for the officials here, or even for those of you who stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Is a tackle eligible if he reports if he's on the end of the line of scrimmage? Someone told me that according to Ky rules, he is not. So if a team runs an unbalanced line and the tackle is uncovered and on the end of the line of scrimmage, if he reports as eligible, is he?

Secondly, if he in fact is eligible, does he have to report each play, or is once enough? For instance, if he reports as eligible, does he have to go the the official before the next play and re-report?

Someone please enlighten me!

Doc, I ran into this problem two years ago in JFL. I had an alternate set where I put the entire line on the left of center, so the center was on the end of the line. I was under the understanding that the center was eligible. I then used the center as a receiver to the right. I ran this play for several years. I always had the center report as eligible. I was then told by an official that I could not do this, and penalized. I was told the only way that I could do this, is if the center was wearing an eligible number. Another words if the center was on the end of the line and was a wearing an eligible number. I don't now when it changed because people used to do this as well as tackle eligible plays all the time. I was told that there was no such thing as tackle eligible in high school football.