Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell 45 Greenup County 18

Featured Replies

Final per Riherd's. No big surprise here, Russell seems to have the horses every year!

Running game was in full gear tonight along with a long TD pass from Jones to Mitchell.

Mitchell also had a long kickoff return.

Cordle broke a long run and had an interception.

Pass defense was very suspect as Craft had a good game throwing the ball for Greenup.

Devils also missed 3-4 extra points.

Interesting game. Will talk more about it in the morning. I just want to say this for now. Greenup has nothing to hang their heads about. They will win a lot of games this year. Congrats Devils.

Running game was in full gear tonight along with a long TD pass from Jones to Mitchell.

Mitchell also had a long kickoff return.

Cordle broke a long run and had an interception.

Pass defense was very suspect as Craft had a good game throwing the ball for Greenup.

Devils also missed 3-4 extra points.

The Russell secondary was suspect. Many mistakes but all that are correctable.

 

The offense was more explosive than I thought it would be.

 

Overall some disappointments and some pleasant suprises. I know Rice and Mithchell should be getting more plays. They were both fantastic.

 

Tyler Jones was in a different class than anyone else on the field. He was outstanding.

 

For Greenup Craft showed alot of poise under pressure and ran the offense pretty well. Greenup looked improved to me and I don't think they will be a pushover to anybody. They play very hard.

Russell 321 yards rushing 111 yards passing.

Jones 3 rushing TDs and 1 TD pass.

 

 

 

Greenup 25 carries for 32 yards, 225 yards passing.

As I stated after first scrimmage ...

 

3a beware - Devils are loaded ....

 

Devils still have many kinks to work out but are very talented and much improved since first scrimmage.. Sky is limit for this team if they continue to come along .... A loss or two would be a good thing for this group , to get them battle tested.

Jones kid is horse , stands out physically ... He is looking to punish people.. This kid is intense far beyond high school and has played so much he makes no wrong steps...

 

Lines still need work but they have good looking kids and many waiting ... Skills need work but they are blessed with many kids who can play ..

 

Athletically this is team has the great promise , many kids flying to the football. If you want to beat the Devils you will have to run it right at them ... Too much speed for anything outside ... Looking forward to Mason ...

Defense will be there when it counts. To many quality coaches.....Look forward to watching this team gel over the next couple of weeks. Great start!

Thought this one might be a little closer. How many turnovers for each team in this one? I'm sure both teams will have good seasons!

I was very impressed with the toughness of Greenup. Russell put some hits on Craft and Number 21 and they just got up and shook it off. Greenup will win a lot of games this year.

 

Russell is Russell. I'm afraid that we just might see that secondary getting picked on a little bit after teams watch the films. If I were an opponent that is where I would go after Russell. With Morris at the controls I think you will see that go away. You could see some of the adjustments that he made as the game went on.

 

Jones... No doubt the best player on the field last night.

 

I thought both teams did very well for opening night.

Thought this one might be a little closer. How many turnovers for each team in this one? I'm sure both teams will have good seasons!

Greenup 3 Ints and 1 fumble lost.

 

Russell lost 2 fumbles.

I thought I heard someone say on the radio that D. BAILEY and A. FOSTER was injured ,hope that they are alright.

I thought I heard someone say on the radio that D. BAILEY and A. FOSTER was injured ,hope that they are alright.

 

Bailey got squished by Toby Hicks and looked a bit shook up and it looked like Foster came up lame on a play but I saw him running the sidelines shortly afterwards. I think both are OK.

Bailey got squished by Toby Hicks and looked a bit shook up and it looked like Foster came up lame on a play but I saw him running the sidelines shortly afterwards. I think both are OK.

Speaking of Toby Hicks. He looked like he was moving much better than last year. Much more agility

The secondary has talent. 3 ints to go allong with the blown assignments. I really would like to see Mithchell back at the safety spot. He has great hands and athleticism. IMO he could really take away the deep middle.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.