Coal Grove, OH 28 Lawrence County 20

Sounds like a good game in the second half. I had heard LC was down by 20. I wonder if the newspaper article was on alot of the players minds at first. Hopefully they can put that behind them and learn from this game and move on to Belfry, which BTW I will be driving like a mad man to get to. :D

No joy in Louisa ... What is it going to take to awake the sleeping dawg - will it happen this year ... Coal Grove is small Ohio school .... Just think if the Burg crosses the river .. They are also a small school but not as small as Coal Grove ...

I heard Wheelersburg took it Ironton tonight. Some of Ohio's better football schools are small. But then again, as we have mentioned on BGP several times Ohio football top to bottom is better than Kentucky.

But back on the thread topic. I think LC will come out of their shell this year, it is just going to take a couple of games to get used to the new offense.

Great comeback by the Bulldogs they just came up a little short. I was told their kids played with a ton of heart and never quit. Not surprised, that is the Bulldog tradition. Once they get a few more reps with the new offense I think they will be a good football team.

Good luck to the Bulldogs in week # 2.

Good luck to the Bulldogs next week and the rest of the season. Like cville said I was told that LCHS did not quit. That fact is a tribute to their kids and to the fine coaching staff in Louisa. Bulldog football will be back to where they expect it to be and where they have always had it sooner rather than later. Tough loss and again - good luck the rest of the way.

I was very impressed the way the Bulldogs hung in the game, they showed alot of heart in the second half only giving up one toucdown. The offense came alive in the 4th quarter thanks to some trick plays, which I believe both were for touchdowns. You could tell the kids were starting to have fun with the offense,once they started catching the ball and trusting in each other. That was a very exciting game in the 2nd half, im proud to say im a Bulldog fan. Keep up the good luck Dawgs, see everyone at Belfry...

I was very impressed the way the Bulldogs hung in the game, they showed alot of heart in the second half only giving up one toucdown. The offense came alive in the 4th quarter thanks to some trick plays, which I believe both were for touchdowns. You could tell the kids were starting to have fun with the offense,once they started catching the ball and trusting in each other. That was a very exciting game in the 2nd half, im proud to say im a Bulldog fan. Keep up the good luck Dawgs, see everyone at Belfry...

And that is the exact kind of attitude that is going to bring Bulldog football back. Great post lchs. :thumb:

These are similar to posts for dawgs from last year .... How does an intense coach and team start so slow ... Coal Grove was a must win , now Belfry is really a must win .... One good thing , Red Army really isn't pass oriented so will this dawg have it's day against pirates or will LCHS be on the way to mid season offense change again ?

Sound like a good game by the Bulldogs. As a said earlier, I think this is the season that the Bulldogs can get back on track. I also believe LC is the front runner in this district as well. Great game Coal Grove and Good luck to the Bulldogs next week against the Pirates.

These are similar to posts for dawgs from last year .... How does an intense coach and team start so slow ... Coal Grove was a must win , now Belfry is really a must win .... One good thing , Red Army really isn't pass oriented so will this dawg have it's day against pirates or will LCHS be on the way to mid season offense change again ?

No games are must WINS for Lawrence County or for that matter anyone that is in their district. It is just a matter of learning the new offense and keep improving every week in time for the playoffs especially since, Lawrence; Boyd; Rowan and Greenup have already made the playoffs. So what all these teams are doing is to stay healthy and improve every game.

Belfry isn't pass oriented but with the talent they have at QB and at the skill positions they very well could be if they wanted to.