Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chipper Jones: In or Out?

Featured Replies

Basically just copying off the Kent thread...

 

Career numbers: .306 Avg, 2062 H, 376 HR, 1260 RBI

I look at his career line and see something puzzling: He played in no fewer than 153 games per season between '96 and '03. After that, he can't stay healthy. How did a guy once so durable become so fragile?

 

I'm going to have to see more, and I wonder whether he can ever recapture what he once did.

I look at his career line and see something puzzling: He played in no fewer than 153 games per season between '96 and '03. After that, he can't stay healthy. How did a guy once so durable become so fragile?

 

I'm going to have to see more, and I wonder whether he can ever recapture what he once did.

 

Not really knowing how much this had to do with it but he switched from 3B to LF, and that's when it started.

 

 

I say in. Most homeruns by a switch hitter I think, and 2nd or 3rd career batting average for a switch hitter. Not really sure but I think that's the way he ranks.

I say in. Most homeruns by a switch hitter I think,

 

 

I know he trails both Mickey Mantle and Eddie Murray in this category. They both finished with over 500 home runs.

I know he trails both Mickey Mantle and Eddie Murray in this category. They both finished with over 500 home runs.

Ok, my bad...Maybe he was 1st on active switch hitters.

2062 hits (221 all time)

1224 RBI's (121th all time)

376 HR's (59th all time)

.306 Average (136 all time)

.403 OBP (52nd all time)

.544 SLG % (32nd all time)

.948 OPS ( 24th all time)

1260 (110 all time)

Adjusted OPS 144 (52nd all time)

410 doubles (132nd all time)

3666 TB (111th all time)

 

5 time all star

1 MVP

1 World Series

 

 

8 straight seasons of 100+ RBI's

As of now, out. If he hangs around for 5 or 6 more years and does reasonably well, in.

 

Probably so. Approach 500 HR, 2750 hits, 1600 RBI and runs, while keeping the .300 average should get him in for sure.

He's played what 12yrs or so and could conceivably, play 5-8 more. If voted right now, NO....give him 4 more years, of production and if the Braves, get to/win a WS, than I would probably change my opinion.

Many argue for Ken Boyer and/or Ron Santo. However, I would rate Jones over both of them even though he has played in the era of the juiced baseball. If the Braves can win another WS (not likely) if Jones can win a batting title (very possible this year), and if he can have a few more good years, I believe he will be elected to the Hall.

  • Author

I really think he gets to 500 HR before he calls it quits....With that in mind, I say he's in.

to reach 500 homeruns he would need to average 24.8 homeruns over the course of the next 5 seasons. or 31 homeruns over the next 4 seasons.

to reach 500 homeruns he would need to average 24.8 homeruns over the course of the next 5 seasons. or 31 homeruns over the next 4 seasons.
If healthy, he could certainly reach those. Unless they get some protection in the lineup for him, he will be pitched around. I don't think Andruw will be back for the Braves in '08.
If healthy, he could certainly reach those. Unless they get some protection in the lineup for him, he will be pitched around. I don't think Andruw will be back for the Braves in '08.

 

The Braves are already conceding the fact that he is gone. If he can have a good finish to this year, and a monster season next year, Teixeira batting behind him, then I will say he could reach 500 homeruns easily if he's healthy.

The Braves are already conceding the fact that he is gone. If he can have a good finish to this year, and a monster season next year, Teixeira batting behind him, then I will say he could reach 500 homeruns easily if he's healthy.
If Teixeria stays....Do you think he will and if so, he will certainly help the pitcher Chipper Jones will see.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.